Translation Jobs Job Vacancies
The web has given rise to different kind of job opportunities. A few decades back who could have thought you can earn money by creating and uploading your own videos on social networking sites. Translation jobs, though not new but the web indeed has added to the demand of online translation jobs. Now brands want to connect with people in their local languages and that’s where translation jobs come into picture. One of the most common translation jobs that is available is English to Hindi translation work from home
✅ What is a translation job?
Someone who translate one language to another is called a translator. These professionals specialize in at least two languages and are hired to perform various language translation work. Usually they work on written documents. Such positions, are available with most of the MNC’s, Corporates and embassies.
✅ What are the educational qualifications required for translation jobs?
To start a translation job from home, one requires different level of education.
- Potential candidates who want to start a career as a translator should complete their senior secondary education in any academic stream or should have diploma or GED identical education. To make sure you get a job with MNC’s, corporates or Embassies it is important to gain more than 60% marks in 12th board.
- To gain a better position in interpreter or translator job a candidate can pursue a diploma in foreign language and typing to start their professional journey.
- The candidates should purse graduation and postgraduation in foreign languages to find translator jobs with embassies.
- They should also take knowledge about advance Microsoft office which is much needed in this profession.
✅ What are the skills required for translation jobs?
- Control on Language: One needs to have a fluent, confident and near-native understanding of one or more foreign language.
- Understanding of Culture: One should have a great understanding of the culture of the source language country, this experience is usually gained by staying at a particular country.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Outstanding writing skills in your native language.
- Beneficial Academic Degree: It is important for the candidate to gain an academic degree in the source language or in another major subject which could be beneficial for a specialist to enhance his career.
- Eye for detail: Should have attention to details and should work effectively and efficiently.
✅ Technical skills
- Electronic Mail Software — Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, Rediff
- Foreign language software (FLS) — Adapt It, Stormdance CatsCradle, Smart Link Corporation Translator, AceTools.biz Ace Translator
- Office suite software — Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
✅ How to search for the best translator jobs?
There are various ways, in which one may take translation jobs. This is a reputed profession and one should take these 4 steps to find online translation jobs:
Freelance Job Websites: online translator jobs are very popular in India. There are various freelance websites that offer projects for potential candidates pay them on basis of assignment accuracy. Freelance translator jobs an be taken up as both full-time and part-time profession and one who looks forward to make an extra income this can be the best source.
- Online Job Portals: Most corporates, MNC’s and embassies post translator jobs on online job portals and screen your resume there. These portals are the second-best way if you are looking for a full-time translator job opportunity.
- Official-Websites: As this is a niche profile, some companies prefer to post such vacancies on their own websites. So, this is the best way to find a dream job. If you have a few companies in mind then you must check their websites regularly to find out latest vacancies for translator jobs and apply.
- Employment Agencies: A few companies prefer recruitment agencies to find out the best candidate for them. Although this is traditional method but is most prevalent for embassies as most Embassies prefer to have professional documentation and reference check of a candidates.
✅ What all certifications, one may take to grow professionally as a translator?
- Certification from the American Translators Association (ATA)
- Certification from the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators
- Certification from the National Board of Certified Medical Interpreters (CMI)
✅ How much can a translator earn?
- At initial level of career, a translator who has less than 1-year work experience can expect to earn an average total salary of (includes bonus, tips and overtime money) of ₹325,000.
- A professional translator with almost 1-4 years of work experience can draw an average total salary of of ₹390,366.
- Reaching mid-career, a translator who has 5-9 years of work experience can make an average total salary of ₹598,662.
- Once one reaches the senior most position as translator, who has 10-19 years of work experience he may take home an average total salary of ₹800,000 based.