Recruiter is among the noblest professions as being a recruiter gives you an opportunity to help others get a job. Moreover, it’s an important function in an organisation that assists in hiring the right people for the right job and thus plays a vital role in the growth of a company.
A recruiting job requires you to be good at understanding people as you have to hire the best talent out there. Though it’s not only the recruiter’s responsibility to hire the best candidate but it’s his or her job to source, screen and line-up the best candidates for interviews.
✅ What does a recruiter do?
Recruiters are the human resource personnel, who look after the entire process of getting candidates placed in a company. Their job is to float the vacant positions in the company, finding the most suitable candidate for the job, co-ordinate with the hiring manager for interview and then if a candidate is selected, send them offer letter and close the position.
Recruiters, at times have to do lot of traveling to attend many career fairs and visit educational institutes for campus placements as well.
Most of the recruiters are hired for full time where as some are hired by the organisations on a contract, part time or freelance basis.
✅ How to become a recruiter?
There are various areas of studies one may opt for becoming a recruiter but to begin with here are the degrees you may start with:
- Graduation or Bachelor’s degree
- Post-Graduation degree
You may also take one of the following specialised courses to get into a human resource job.
- Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Human Resource)
- Masters in Business Administration (Human Resource)
- Diploma in Office Management and Recruitment
✅ Which are the best colleges to pursue a course in human resource management?
Though there are many institutes that offer courses in human resource management but some of the well-known names are:
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- XLRI (Xavier School of Management)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Sciences
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Amity Business School
✅ What are the roles and responsibilities of a recruiter?
- To screen resumes of candidates at first level of selection process.
- Construe and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Hire potential candidates by aligning interviews.
- Do recruitment related paperwork.
- Preserve process of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and positive action plans and laws, such as the People with Disabilities Act (PDA).
- Prepare or maintain schedules and records related to works, such as screening, hiring, separation using human resources management system software.
- Address hiring related issues of employees and look after reference checks and documentation.
✅ What are the skills required in a recruiter?
Some of the common skills required in a recruiter are:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Proficiency with ATS software
- Microsoft Office
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
✅ How much does a recruiter get paid?
- At initial level Recruiter with less than 1 year of work experience may expect to take home an average total salary of ₹289,515.
- At an early level of being a Recruiter with 1-4 years of work experience one may earn an average total compensation of ₹399,482.
- Once you reach mid-level career as Recruiter with 5-9 years of experience you may draw an average total pay of ₹562,033.
- When you become a Recruiter with 10-19 years of work experience you may make an average total salary of ₹919,529.
✅ Which are the top cities for recruiter jobs in India?
✅ How to get a recruiter job in India?
- Job Portals or Job Boards: Job portals can be the best place to find a recruiter’s jobs in India. This is the place where most companies post their vacancies and potential candidates may apply for relevant positions.
- Company Website: If you have some companies in your mind and looking for a job there then this is the best way to apply for job. You must apply on the career page of the company to speed up the process of recruitment.
- Networking: Your network can help you in finding the best job in town. Networking is one of the best ways to find a job in a specific field.
- Placement Agencies: There are various organisations that hire potential candidates through placement agencies. These agents help candidates to get the most relevant jobs in market.