Project Manager Job Vacancies
The job role of a project manager is crucial for almost all organizations. From engineering to finance, from construction to product this role has an essential part to play across many domains. While you may know, the importance of this role from industry perspective but starting a career as a project manager can be quite confusing, if you don’t know the right path to take.
The objective of this article is to make a clear definition of this profession for you and provide complete information on how you can start your career journey. Moreover, we’ll also tell you what is the scope of this career and how much one can expect to earn in project manager jobs.
✅ What is Project Management?
Project management is a continuous process of handling and the methods, skills and knowledge to gain and achieve specific goals on per project basis. Time management and budget handling are two major areas in this job. The work in this corporate domain is toward the completion of various projects within the time allotted. The professionals in this area have to make sure that the commencement, development and completion of projects happens with quality and on time.
✅ How can you start a career as a Project Manager?
This is a profession that requires specialization and candidates who want to pursue this career should take care of the following requirements:
- Certification Course: This should be a dedicated course in project management.
- Graduation: The candidates should have a bachelors in business or management to pursue this career.
- Post-Graduation: The candidate should take up MBA degree.
- Diploma: In Project Management
Internships: To make a career in this field it is necessary to take up a relevant internship with some reputed organization. So, this is again an important phase if you want to make the right choice to take up this profession.
✅ What are the skills required to get a Project Management job?
- Analytical Skills: Analytical skills help the candidates to understand the data, maintain it and give the relevant feedback to team to use it for the progress of projects. To be a success in this job role it is necessary to have good analytical skills. Businesses work on data and take required inferences from it. So, to make better decisions and work on detail it is crucial for candidate to have good analytical skills.
- Leadership Skills: Leadership is a mandatory skill to have in this job role as the potential candidate has to take care of the team and persuade them to work efficiently so, the work completes on deadlines. Leadership skills help the candidate to work on discipline and take-up challenges efficiently. So, for the overall productivity and great results it is necessary for the professional in project management to have leadership skills.
- Risk Management Skills: Being a project management personal one needs to take care of the entire domain and has to figure out ways to manage various forms of risks when the team works on a project. These skills help the organization from landing into any potential crisis.
- Business Management Skills: Business Management is an important attribute that the project manager must have the candidate should know how to delegate work, negotiate and look for major opportunities in business. Basic business knowledge is crucial for better management, planning, organizing, directing and controlling of work.
- Time Management Skills: For most businesses time is very crucial and in the field of project management it is important to save and understand the value of time management. So, to make sure that the work starts on time and goals are achieved on deadlines the project manager needs to be great at time management.
- Communication Skills: Communication is the soul of any business. The potential candidate should have excellent communication skills as this will help him to get well with the subordinates and will give him an extra edge in making letters and emails.
- Technical Skills: Most of the project management personals have to work with the tech teams and get the work done hence it is very important for the candidate to have basic technical knowledge for better understanding of work.
✅ What salary one may expect in Project Management Jobs?
- At entry-level Project Management position with less than 1 year of work experience one can expect to take home an average total compensation of ₹440,000.
- As an early bird in the profession of Project Management with 1-4 years of work experience one may earn an average total salary of ₹850,226.
- Reaching mid-career in profession of Project Management with 5-9 years of work experience one may expect to make an average total compensation of ₹13,37,770.
- As an experienced professional in the field of Project Management with 10-19 years of work experience one may earn an average total pay of ₹18,45,933.
- When the professionals reach their late career with 20 years and higher work experience in the field of Project Management, they can earn an average total compensation of ₹25,49,020.