Graphic Designer Job Vacancies
Are you the one who likes new designs or the one who loves art? If you have an artistic mind and you are full of creative ideas, a graphic designer job could be right for you.
✅ Who is a graphic designer?
A graphic designer is a professional who handles the process of visual communication and creative problem solving via images, tests words and design. These professionals help companies to work on creative content communication and allows marketeer to put the message across platforms in the best way possible. The profession has projects that involves stylization and presentation of preexisting text and imagery.
✅ What is the educational requirement to become a graphic designer?
To start a career in the field of graphic designing, you need to gain the basic knowledge about concepts of graphic designing. After gaining the right knowledge you can create great designs. To begin with, you can pursue any professional courses that being offered by the different colleges and institutes. Here is the list of major courses in this field.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: To pursue this course one needs to invest time of four-year.
- BSc Multimedia: This is a three-year professional course. You can do this after 12th.
- Master of Fine Arts: This is a post-graduate course which is of 2 years duration.
- Diploma in Graphic: This is a six-month course. You can do this after 12th.
- PG Diploma in Graphic Animations: It is a one-year course. You can do this after the graduation.
- Certificate in 3D Animation: This is a course of three three-month duration and can be done from authorized and registered institutes.
✅ Which are the popular Institutes to learn art and graphic designing?
- Jade Institute of Creative Arts (ZICA), Mumbai.
- Entrance Animation Training School, Bangalore
- Department of Design, IIT, Guwahati.
- TGC Animation & Multimedia, New Delhi
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics (MAC) Mumbai
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad.
- Arena Animation, Mumbai
- Wadia Design Institute, Ahmedabad
✅ What are various job responsibilities of a graphic designer?
- Regulate scope and plan of graphic material and copy, and determine style and pattern of design.
- Consult with clients to confer and determine design of layout.
- Make designs, ideas, and illustration layouts, based on information of layout principles and esthetical project strategy.
- Create advance graphics and layouts for product representations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Use software to generate new images and illustrations.
✅ What are the technical skills required for a graphic designer job?
- Desktop publishing software (DTP): Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign, QuarkXPress, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Systems Adobe FrameMaker.
- Graphics or photo imaging software: Corel CorelDraw Graphics Suite, Trimble SketchUp Pro, Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Vision.
- Video creation and editing software: Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects, YouTube, MAXON CINEMA 4D.
✅ What type of jobs can a graphic designer take-up?
- Full-Time Jobs: Most MNCs and corporates prefer to hire a full-time graphic designer. This is a permanent job role and a candidate is expected to work only for the organization he is hired for. This role allows a candidate to enjoy various perks as a full-time permanent employee. This type of job is for those who are looking for a full-time settlement and have a good work experience.
- Contract Jobs: This is a job that has a time bond. Both the employee and employer agree to get associated for a certain time period and in this period the employee is paid a said amount and is expected to work only for the employer. This type of job is usually offered to the freshers in the industry.
- Freelance Jobs: Graphic designing has a great scope to freelance. This type of job is great for students and those who want to make some extra income. If one has great skills in this field, then he or she may take-up various freelance projects as per the availability and feasibility.
✅ How much does a graphic designer get paid?
The salary of a graphic designer varies depending on experience, skill level and the location. According to various sources a graphic designer can earn the following salaries:
- At starting level, a graphic designer with less than 1 year of work experience can expect to make an average total salary of ₹250,252.
- At initial level of career as graphic designer with 1-4 years of work experience one may earn an average total pay of ₹298,942 based on 120 salaries.
- Reaching mid-career graphic designer with 5-9 years of work experience can take home an average total income of ₹508,682 based on 24 salaries.
- After one becomes an experienced Graphic Designer with 10-19 years of work experience, he may draw an average total compensation of ₹519,23.