About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for partnering with the various Product & Segment CFOs and their teams in supporting the Consumer, Private & Business Banking (CPBB) performance management. The role will assist in designing, build and delivery of strong CPBB Finance performance framework, planning and analytics capability. The role is expected to have a detailed understanding of the CPBB business performance dynamics and the ability to drive insights and decision support to CPBB Business and Finance leads.
Key elements of the role include:
To establish and use financial management information to achieve the strategy and goals of CPBB business by:
- Delivering relevant, consistent, timely management information together with the right analytical insights to help the Management in their decision making as well as understanding the financial performance & outlook
- Driving critical finance processes for various CPBB products and segments &ndash such as planning (budgeting, corporate plan), forecasting, scorecards, in coordination with Group, Region and country teams
- Supporting in successful delivery of performance analysis and presentations for Group MT, CPBB MT, Product & Segment MT including monthly, half-yearly/full-year reviews, as well as external events e.g. investor meetings
- Support P2P Lead in Developing & delivering digital reporting end state for CPBB Finance, partnering with the broader P2P & change community to leverage existing toolsets & expertise such as data transformation, visualisation, and predicative modelling
- Understand the changing data requirement landscape to ensure data consumption is forward looking and adequately planned
- Continued seeking of outsourcing opportunities to the team in GFS (P2P CPBB Finance)
- Provide timely view of monthly financial results and work with country / regional Finance to understand and provide key insights to business drivers and trends
- Manage the MIS reports which are used by the various CPBB CEO, CFO, MTs & regions in the monthly reviews.
- Ability to work on translating data heavy financial information to compact and visually impactful PowerPoint slides for executive level reviews
- Support the efforts of the business segments to deliver annual budget performance by engaging and influencing stakeholders with MI
- Exercise tight control and checks on financial numbers especially with reference to planning processes &ndash work with multiple stakeholders to ensure integrity and control over budget loads with appropriate understanding of underlying drivers
- Provide timely & accurate financial information / MIS to enable strategic decision making including sales, products and client analysis.
- Partner with business in driving MIS simplification, standardization and automation.
- Ensure robust financial processes in place to report financial performance in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure MI requirements are relevant and to improve overall efficiency and productivity
- Bring simplification, standardisation and automation in the reporting
People and Talent
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to network and build strategic partnerships with business, operations, change and technology teams
- Mentor and support the development of team members to perform their roles in a better manner
- Manage overall design and outcome of the end-to-end process and own the process output performance.
- Operate 1st line responsibilities of process owners as outlined under Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and associated policies and procedures
- Ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial numbers and key performance indicators in MI packs
- Ensuring service levels are maintained in line with onshore requirements through monthly Service Review Meetings
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CPBB Finance LT
- CFO, Affluent and Wealth Management
- CFO, Personal Banking, Business Banking, Digital
- Various business heads within CPBB
- Global Process Owner for P2P
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive simplification, standardization, digitization and widespread adoption of consistent MI and analytics for Countries &ndash help drive efficiencies in the production and delivery of Cost MI
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- 10+ years of work experience in the Banking industry, preferably in the area of Planning, Finance and Accounting.
- Working knowledge of Retail Banking, Business Banking and Wealth Management products
- Good working knowledge in management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Experienced in financial and profitability modelling and translation of results for management decision-making.
- Advanced or expert skills to prepare presentations for senior managements &ndash ability to translate complex financial information to visually impactful representations for executive level reviews
- Analytical and strong sense of need to upload integrity of financial information.
- Proactively question and improve status quo, think outside the box to improve productivity, data accuracy and reporting process.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems and work in the larger team
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills, forming positive working relationship in the multicultural environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.