Job DescriptionSome careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB)
is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking that best suit our customers needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join the WPB team.Role Purpose
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areasImpact on the Business / Function
- Branch Sales Manager (BSM) is a pivotal role in a branch . Being a customer facing role The BSM has a central role to play in effectively leading and implementing changes introduced as an integral part of delivering the business strategy. Which requires good understanding the local branch customers and its surrounding demography
- This has to be achieved by leading and mentoring a team of Premier and Advance relationship mangers (PRMs ,AWM, & SAWMs). The Role's success will be achieved by creating and maintaining an environment where the Wealth Sales Manager and his team achieve the business objectives (KPI) and deliver the branch performance measures in line with the defined business plan
- BSM needs to ensure that the above mentioned needs to be achieved by maintaining the highest standards of risk management, sales quality,control and compliance as required by the Group, WSM also needs to ensure that RWBM operating model is implemented by adhering to the Group standards in customer contact strategy and delivery of those standards in accordance with any specific local requirements
- There needs to be a overall emphasis to direct and mentor the team to operate and display with highest levels of values and desired behaviors
Customers / Stakeholders
- Lead PRMs, AWMs and SAWMs in line with the processes and activities in the RBWM Operating Model and other operational guidelines to achieve consistency of management of our people and delivery of service and sales to HSBC customers
- Monitor and act on sales activity management information and other internal information tools, using them to coach your team and achieve the business goals.
- Leading the team to make them effective relationship managers.
- Identify and act on factors that would increase local competitiveness
Leadership & Teamwork
- Use the principles and guidelines in the operating model to ensure customer needs are identified and where appropriate PRMs, AWMs and SAWMs use the support provided by specialists
- Personally manage the application of EDRAS, client funnel management and sales quality standards
- Implement customer relationship and proposition strategies
- In conjunction with your team build a prominent profile in the community in which you are based in a way that builds HSBC's reputation and brand
- Support the WMs to resolve customer complaints in partnership with the Branch Service stream.
- Mobilize Branch activities to generate leads and create increasing awareness for the FPS
- Enhance clients trust in the banks capability of meeting their needs.
- Ensure awareness of TCF principles and observe the same in spirit.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Lead and manage the PRM and AWM and SAWM team
- Drive a high performance culture through robust objective setting, performance reviews and action to address poor performance
- Evaluate performance against KPIs and make discretionary incentive recommendations in line with the Group incentive plans
- Train, maintain and develop your team to a level appropriate for the business and in line with country training plans
- Recruit and onboard high caliber individuals in line with headcount and resourcing plans.
- Maintain and enhance personal and team knowledge and skills through sharing best practice for creating an exceptional customer experience
- Hold regular team and one-to-one meetings with team members to share priorities, establish focus, coach and address risks & issues
- Role-model HSBC values and create an inclusive work environment which embraces diversity and fosters engagement
- Demonstrate connectivity to other teams and actions which benefit the Group above local interests
- Use technical expertise and business understanding to improve customer satisfaction and RM performance
- Ensuring that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with RBWM FIM, BIMs and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines
- The principal regulations under which the job holder operates include the RBWM FIM, BIM and local regulations issued from time to time by SEBI / RBI / AMFI / IRDA. The jobholder needs to operate independently within the overall policy framework laid down by WPB INM.
- Ensure all processes for sales & operations are in place and manage within any agreed Authorities
- Maintain the branch operating rhythm in line with the network operating model
- Manage operational risk, by using relevant MI to identify risk situations and take any appropriate action to minimise loss
- Specifically ensure active management and compliance with Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Customer and Sales Quality standards
- Undertake Sales, Operational and Credit sampling in your branch, as directed by published bank procedures
- The jobholder has to function within the purview of the Sales Compliance Guidelines as laid down in the I & I manuals. The Sales Compliance Officer on all aspects covered in the Sales Compliance Manual would audit each area
- Comply with the applicable laws, regulations, Group and local guidelines related to Sanctions and AML policy of HSBC while undertaking various day to day operations
- Remain alert and promptly report to the Sanctions Officer/ INM FCC office/ Line manager ( As applicable and required by the AML and sanction Policy) if a customer is found to be engaging in sanction evasion activities or violations of AML policy or any other related procedures.
- Understand the legal responsibility to be vigilant for unusual activity and reporting of the unusual activities
- Support the Country or Regional FCC AML Office/ AML Investigations by providing additional information when required
- Responsible for attending and successfully completing the AML and Sanctions related assigned training in the mandated timeframe
- Understanding the consequences of failing to attend or successfully complete the training as mandated by the AML Education Lead FCC
- Requesting additional AML training that you deem necessary or appropriate to perform your jobs through your entity manager
- Demonstrate an understanding of PEP acceptance, prohibition, CDD & EDD guidelines in order to ensure that the INM RBWM is fully compliant with the PEP LoBP.
- Understand the relatively high reputational risk that arises from any perceived weaknesses in controls in respect of substantial cash deposits or withdrawals activity, wire transfer, monetary instruments and pouch and mail
- Responsible for ensuring that mandatory education / training and other compliance objectives are included in the performance objectives and are completed in a timely manner.
- To be aware and Identify high risk indicators for various products and Services offered by INM RBWM example Cash, insurance, credit cards products etc
- Ensure that all records are obtained in respect of INM RBWM customers or New to bank customer for any products and services provided by HSBC are as per the process laid down.
- Must ensure that the prescribed process is being followed while dealing with non HSBC customers request for monetary instruments and wire transfers
- Ensure Adherence to the regulatory guidelines and internal AML & Sanction Policy of HSBC, which includes pouch and mail, monetary instruments, cash services and payment transparency Line of Business Procedures
- To be aware of AML risk posed by pouch and mail, Monetary instruments, cash services and wire transfer services and should undergo the mandatory training for the same
- Necessary remediation steps needs to be undertaken in case if there is any breach or non-adherence to the policy laid down in the LoBP
- Must undertake necessary due diligence to ensure that the nature of the transaction is in sync with the customer profile , else raise it to line manager for further clarification
- The staff must be aware of the scope of services of various products and services that are offered and those which are prohibited because of the guidelines laid down in the line of Business procedures and must ensure the same is communicated to customer in a effective and polite manner
- Ensure adequate due diligence is undertaken by the Individual/team to ensure that the nature of the various transactions of wire transfer, cash services, monetary instruments are in sync with customer profile
- We seek to grow our RBWM business through meeting customer needs, delivering the highest standards of sales quality and efficient operations. This involves the pursuit of excellent customer driven service recognition of customer value, offering solutions from across HSBC appropriate to customer needs in order to enhance that value.
- The range of competitors and products has established an increased financial awareness in customers, creating a demand for increased experience and skill at branch level. A Wealth Sales Manager requires the following key attributes:
- High energy and a tenacious approach
- Excellent sales and people management skills
- Customer driven with a strong focus on meeting needs, sales quality and standards of service
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially in motivation, coaching and team leadership
- A strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability
- Ability to respond to and lead change on a personal and team level
- Effectively plan, organize and coordinate initiatives undertaken by INM RBWM, various other departments of the banks, key mutual fund and insurance partners to improve the throughput of the RMs
- Focus is also required to keep one self-up to date on developments in the mutual fund and insurance industry to be able to capitalize on such developments. In doing this the job holder needs to work closely with compliance promoting service that is risk free to the bank. Balance the overall performance of the team in line with the expectations of the bank
Management of Risk
- The Wealth Management business of HSBC has grown many-fold over the last few years.
- The role belongs to the face-to-face distribution operating model which defines globally consistent structures, standards and operating procedures for RBWM.
- The financial planning channel - the primary contributor to this growth - has also witnessed significant expansion. From a handful relationship managers in 2001, this team has expanded to a total of 250 PRMs pan India.
- Given the exponential growth expectations a clear-cut need has been felt for having a sales management structure in place for managing the relationship managers.
- The Branch Sales Managers would be responsible for managing a team of Senior Premier Plus Relationship Managers (PPRMs) / Premier Relationship Managers (PRMs), Advance Wealth Managers (AWM) and Senior Advance Wealth Managers(SAWM) in his area, in one or more branches. He would play an important role as a coach and mentor to the Relationship Managers and would assist them in the area of relationship management and in achieving their performance targets.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Adheres to processes and controls to identify and mitigate risks and ensures timely escalation of control issues and reputation risks.
- Demonstrates leadership on regulatory and compliance matters. Maintains awareness of risk and minimizes the likelihood of it occurring through its identification, assessment, mitigation and control.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards and addresses audit points and/or any issues raised by regulators in a timely manner. Fosters a compliance culture within the team, managing compliance risk and ensuring that the necessary training is completed. Optimizes relations with regulators.
- Coverage & Management of all aspects of branch.
- Impact of sales processes and tools on productivity for all the branch staff.
- Delivery of KPI targets for the branch.
- Sales capacity planning, staffing, career progression and development plans for the branch staff.
Knowledge / Experience
- Post Graduate with 5 to 10 years of experience
- Proven ability in team leadership and management
- Proven ability in Retail distribution
- Proven ability in relationship management in the Retail sector
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with HSBC Valuess
- Proven adherence to controls and compliance with no significant breaches
- Expertise in financial planning and related systems and processes
Qualifications and Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating
- Coaching sales techniques, best practice and sales management on a team and one to one basis
- Planning and organising skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by the local market
- Attain any internal standards as required by market
Diversity Statement, Data Protection and Entity Statement
- Mandatory to successfully complete Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions training and post-course assessment, as required.
- The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC.
- As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
- As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
- We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
- Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) India