The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realize their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team of Risk Operations
in the role ofVP Anti Bribery and Corruption and Personal Account Dealing OpsAbout Global Service Centres:
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC
Our Global Service centers are an integral part of Global Operations. Employees based there manage day-to-day customer transactions and processes for the global businesses. This may include transactions for our retail bank such as processing loans, credit cards, insurance and mortgage applications, opening new accounts, and managing customer enquiries through contact centers and digital platforms.
Employees in the Global Service centers also run and manage operations for commercial bank customers. This includes processing credit applications, facilitating payments and managing the import and export transactions that enable customers to protect and grow their businesses through international trade
Anti-Bribery & Corruption (AB&C) Operations roles are responsible for safeguarding HSBC against acts of bribery and/or corruption through effective controls and monitoring to ensure adherence to the organization's AB& C policies. This role involves expanding the services provided by AB&C Ops Utility managing these risks effectively as a control owner.
PAD Ops- Global Regulators have an expectation that firms can identify their market abuse-related conduct risks to ensure they have effective systems and controls in place. This requires that employees avoid known conflicts of interest and breaches of legal or regulatory requirements in their personal dealings. The role holder will be responsible as Control Owner for effective monitoring of the controls and compliance with procedures as set out in the Personal Account Dealing Policy.
Apart from this, the role holder will need to run these businesses efficiently from cost perspective whilst building strong collaboration with Compliance function in their transformation journey to address the related risks for Lines of Businesses and FunctionsA brief overview about the role:
- Be a senior operational leader, responsible for Regulatory Compliance and Anti Bribery and Corruption utilities with robust operational processes to ensure adherence to HSBC's AB&C & PAD Policies for Employees and Third Party.
- Work with the broader Risk Operations teams and infrastructure including the GSC, QA and WFM Production teams to ensure process performance in GSC site, including robust error/defect analysis (cost & quality) based on the standard quality monitoring methodology and risk control assessment.
- Drive delivery of objectives in line with organizational strategy enabling the achievement of operational goals.
- Support functional activity and/or work with Group across region or specific function, contributing to planning based on detailed understanding of own area of responsibility and overseeing day-to-day relationships with stakeholders.
- Enable decision making at the appropriate level through the provision of a clear AB&C & PAD Policies, embedding throughout BAU activities globally and fostering a culture of acting within both the 'letter and spirit' of global laws and regulations.
- Support major projects for example: My Trades with significant business impact within Ops, Compliance Transformation and Risk Stewards.
- Develop, drive and implement best practice in respect of communication between the Global RC Ops and AB&C Ops team and Global/Regional Risk Operations team / all Business lines and Transformation, including but not limited to other relevant teams.
- Management responsibility for team(s), providing clear direction, setting performance targets and contributing to employees professional development.
- Responsible for developing processes and controls for monitoring operational activities ensuring appropriate training and communications are delivered to HSBC employees.
- Ensure RC Ops and AB&C Ops risk and issues are on the agenda and articulated effectively at all relevant senior forums in group, acting as the voice up and down the communication flows, being the eyes and ears to ensure issues are raised and followed through to conclusion and success is equally reported.
- Champion and embed best practice in own area of responsibility and support transformational change.
- Ensure costs are effectively managed to AOP and issues / risks remain appropriately addressed.
- Review, question and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate the production of Operational dashboard, relevant MI which can be presented back to Risk owners.
- Ensure positive support from internal and external global stakeholders in Risk and Compliance, IT, Transformation, Global Business and Functions to deliver effectively as Control Owners.
- Work closely with senior functional advisory teams and LOB with high level of discretion to ensure that they are appropriately advised of and lend support to material projects and business as usual matters.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Highly effective in working with all levels of management and staff and demonstrated record of strong relationship management skills with the ability to manage & engage multiple stakeholders, meet their expectations, negotiate in situations of conflicting interests and influence key decision makers in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated skill to quickly grasp complex processes and concepts and make strategic decisions and recommendations/actions plans across a broad range of subjects.
- Capability to organize and prioritize effectively in order to manage diverse activities globally under tight deadlines and close executive management scrutiny.
- Experience in independently delivering or managing core & complex operational deliverables and teams.
- Creativity and latitude is expected including direct communication with department colleagues, business and support department partners, auditors and other key senior stakeholders.
- Prior experience in Risk Operations or within a Compliance functions is preferred.
- Well-developed managerial, organizational, operational and planning skills
- Wide scope of knowledge and experience in financial markets, internal audit or regulatory compliance environment.
- Is able to demonstrate thorough awareness and understanding of Conduct Risk and Regulatory Compliance.
- Proven track record of delivering outcome in a matrix structure/ organization. A very strong track record of ownership and accountability will be key to the success of this role.
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritized.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***