About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain appropriate policies and procedures which ensure the accounting, management and financial reporting integrity of the trading desks balance sheet and P%26amp;L.
- Independently assess the valuation and associated uncertainty of assets and liabilities within business, specifically continuing the evolution and ensuring the integrity of the IPV and Fair Value reserving processes.
- Design, develop and evolve the methodologies to optimize the Prudential Valuation and stress Prudential Valuation framework. Ensure a robust PVA framework.
- Design, implement and maintain policies and procedures for model risk, calibration risk and implementation risk reserving.
- Develop and execute appropriate procedures for Balance Sheet Reconciliation and Substantiation.
- Balance Sheet Substantiation includes multiple processes including reconciliation (at a transactional or at a balance level) of the account, a process of review of the reconciliation and any pertinent supporting documentation and a formal certification (sign-off) of the account in a predetermined form driven by corporate policy.
- Review %26amp; presentation of monthly valuation packs for Finance Committees and FO.
- Review the work for junior members of the team %26amp; ensuring the team follows robust controls and governance framework.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from team members and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Research market best practice and keep abreast of the evolving issues e.g. XVA that affect the valuation of the Rates business.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Provide thought leadership and take accountability from Bangalore on different initiatives spanning %26ndash; Technology (SABRE, Aspire, Razor, Stride), Regulatory (IBOR, ViR ).
- Regular face off with Traders, Product Control Management, Regional finance team and various internal stakeholders.
- Act as a point of reference for team members and internal clients.
- Manage relationship with internal stakeholders, take regular feedback, anticipate and understand issues and escalate appropriately for timely resolution
- Manage strong relationship with support teams (IT, Operations and Risk) and bring synergies by interacting and integrating with cross functional teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Maintaining a pleasant workplace environment which is motivating and enables high performance within team.
- Monitoring people performance, providing timely feedback, performing annual and mid-year appraisals. (including people development, pipeline/skills monitoring, and training programs,)
- Manage leaves and attrition, create enough backup / cross trainings.
- Minimise dependency on key people by cross training and succession planning.
- Manage career and growth expectations of people.
- Leverage upon knowledge and skills sitting with other teams at same location or similar team sitting across the globe.
- Enable movement of people as and when required to manage resourcing across Product Control.
- Educated to degree level; preferably with a Finance / Business OR Financial Engineering background or Masters degree in a quantitative subject with minimum 8+ years of professional experience in a financial service industry.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and understanding of financial products.
- Strong Control mindset.
- Strong Product knowledge at across the core business products.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to build an effective internal network across the numerous stakeholders.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.