Test Engineer / Sr. Test Engineer – Datacom QA
Position Summary : Full time role
This role demands a Datacom Testing Engineer, who can understand the overall system architecture, QA mindset and utilize skillset/s to ensure better quality releases. One will be responsible for detailed test design, setup and tool bring-up, test execution, comprehensive bug reporting and interaction with development team along with test automation and related automation framework enhancements (Perl/Python), reviewing/preparing the test strategy, ensuring and enhancing the test coverage for a better quality product.
One should understand customer deployments, use cases and incorporate them in test strategy and guide team to recreate customer problems. Over & above project need incumbent should focus towards mentoring team members/peers for effectively testing various sub-systems, protocols and features.
Spotlight on Primary Skills
• Expert in various Networking protocols across Layer 2, Layer 3, MPLS etc
• L2 (Ethernet, IEEE 802.1x std. STP, MSTP, RSTP, Dynamic VLAN)
• L3 (Routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP, VRRP.)
• Hands on experience on Networking Products – Router, Switches.
• Security (Firewall, ACL, NAT, IPSec, IPS/IDS, DPI for DNP3/MODBUS)
• Good experience in Python scripting.
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting various control and data plane problems in system.
• Experience in on-site execution/integration support is an additional advantage.
• Experience in industrial and line interfaces such as serial or modbus is an advantage.
• Additional knowledge in networking protocols such as WAN and Security protocols.
• Relevant certifications will certainly gain preference.
Good to Have:
• Problem solving mind and attitude
• Ability to interface well with externally facing departments and directly with customers
• Effective communication skills – written, spoken, listening and presentation
• Great Team player
• Genuine interest in learning and knowledge sharing
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content