About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
This role in Client Coverage Technology is within BPSI (Banking Platform and Integration Services) for the position of Senior Developer. This position will be key to strategic programme &ndash Banking platform interfaces and services, that will be a global banks servicing layer for data domain interfaces. BPSI platform is going to be the future Integration platform for SCB, the objectives of the BPSI platform are as follows:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Domain Centric Data Model
- Real Time Data Availability
- Lean Data Management
- Inherent Data Entitlement
- Inherent Data Protection
- The Senior Developer must have good programming and debugging skills, recommend future technology capabilities and architecture design considering business objectives, technology strategy, trends and regulatory requirements, strong analytical and problem solving, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks, responsible for the code quality measures, possess good verbal and written communication skills, good understanding of software development lifecycle using Agile/Waterfall models, understanding of Coding standards, design patterns and guidelines.
- Understanding on source control, versioning, branching etc. Good knowledge on object-oriented analysis and design, Java / J2EE - strong knowledge of server-side programming.
- Good understanding of basic concepts of collections, multithreading & OOPS concept, API and Service Mesh Platform and hands-on experience in Kubernetes and Docker
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps &ndash CI/CD (Ansible, Maven, Sonar, JIRA, Liquibase)
- Strong Experience in application integration using Web Service (SOAP/REST/GRPC) or Messaging using JMS, designing caching services for IMDG like Ignite, Hazelcast, data models for Graph databases like DSE Datastax and neo4j
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture implementations. Hands-on experience on Linux/Unix environments
- Database - strong RDBMS skills around writing efficient SQL&rsquos and procedures. Good understanding of database concepts like index&rsquos and query plan
- Work with solutioning, infrastructure and project team to ensure architecture standards are implemented
- Should have implemented software for performance, scalability and other non-functional requirements
- At least 8 to 15 years of working experience
Training/qualifications and Certifications in some of the functional and/or technical domains as mentioned will be an added advantageGood to Have:
- Experience in application development for Data Platforms
- Experience in application development for Data Platform Security
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.