Technical Specialist – IPT Level 3
Dimension Data provides a Network Operations Service Desk center in Bangalore, India as part of the 24 hour / 7 days per week support solution for an existing client. This group supports approximately 10,000 network devices globally.
Management and resolution of changes and critical/major escalated problem incidents within a Global Managed Service Support environment which comprises the following areas:
• Cisco Unified Communication infrastructure support
• Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise & Express infrastructure support
• Cisco Unity/Unity Connection/CME, CUE, Voice Gateways,VG224’s, VG248, VG310 ARC Console, Attendant Console, CER (Cisco Emergency Responder), CUPS (Cisco Unified Presence Server) , CUSP (Cisco Unified Sip Proxy), Expressway.
The focus of this role is to have a very strong Voice technology knowledge and experience, combined preferably with an underlying all-around general knowledge of network technology.
This role sits outside the day-to-day operations support teams, however, will interface with operations support if required during escalations.
The role requires an individual with the following qualities:
• An excellent knowledge in voice services, general knowledge of network services.
• Extensive experience in assessing, managing, and implementing changes in business critical environments
• Extensive experience in managing and resolving escalated major problem incidents in business critical environments
• Excellent oral and written skills in English
• Rapid self-starting capability, flexible, a strong willingness to learn and able to work in a multicultural team
• Highly ethical and a high degree of professionalism
• Able to develop a sound and trusted relationship with the Client and operations support team/s
• Consistently meet service levels and to achieve high customer satisfaction rating
• Able to take up shift rotation in a 24x7 support environment
The primary responsibility is to handle, track, and manage major changes and escalated critical/major problem incidents until closure. The key functions are outlined below:
• Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications, infrastructure, systems support and integrations.
• Have a clear understanding of Cisco Voice network deployment models and should understand the functioning of voice network devices.
• Have worked on Cisco Unified communication products like Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Unity, Unity Connection, Cisco Call Manager express, Cisco 1800 series,2600 series,2800 series,3700 series,3800 series,7200 series,7600 series, Cisco ASR 9000, Cisco GSR 12000 Series , Cisco 1900 series, Cisco 2900 series routers.
• Call center support –Call routing, IVR, Automated Attendant, reporting, CVP script maintenance).
• Experience troubleshooting telecommunications equipment and technologies including TDM, T1, ISDN, etc.
• Have clear understanding on VOIP protocols like SIP, SCCP ,H.323 and MGCP
• Have clear understanding on Telecom infrastructure protocols like ISDN and analog signaling.
• Have very good troubleshooting and analytical skills. Ability to reach different voice gateway debugs and logs, CUCM, CUC, UCCX traces and other debugging techniques to resolve critical issues.
• Have a good understanding of Monitoring tools and techniques Like CUOM, SMARTS, NCM, Prognosis, RTMT and Sniffer etc.
• Plan and test voice network software upgrades
• Plan and test disaster recovery and backup plans.
• Work with Third Party Providers to assist in Problem resolution of telecommunication Problems.
• Report on Telephony Problems within established time frames.
• Participate in root cause analysis if needed.
• Able to attend Problem Management meetings and provides detail information on any outage and major issues.
• Perform Telephony Problem trend analysis.
• Able to work & make change with the Service provider in case of Emergency
• Review trend analysis report.
• Critical and Major Incident Management collaboration activities on a 24/7 basis. This will be across multiple technology domains i.e. voice, network etc
• To take ownership of Critical and Major Incidents to conclusion
• End to end Incident and Change Management
• Direct coordination 3rd parties, e.g. other MSPs, to provide Incident and Change Management
• Change Management communications, approvals and escalations
• Direct escalations to partners for HW/SW maintenance requests
• Stakeholder management with Telco carrier partners for incidents/changes
• Participate with operational support team/s in project/upgrade meetings as necessary from an operational perspective
• Responsible for reviewing all related changes and inputting into change-tracking system
• Provide technical guidance to operational support teams as required
• Ensure all changes and problem incidents are processed within SLA
• Provide standby support on weekends and after office hours for critical changes
• Perform skills transfer
• Attend to escalated support calls from operations support and cross functional teams
• Ensure Incidents and changes are processed as per the operational guidelines and processes
• Good English Telephone manner and customer communication skills.
• At least 7+ years of experience in providing level 3 Voice engineering services. Experience providing these services in a global enterprise is highly preferred.
• Preferably with CCNP Voice and other Voice domain certification.
• CCIE Voice Expert certification preferred.