1. Manage the SDC services of SDC.
2. Ensure Data Center Security, Service availability, Capacity infrastructure and Standards
3. Work with state government department to gauge and create demand of strategic solutions and fulfill the same. Must have the ability to reach out and work with the senior government official in various departments.
4. To manage implementation of identified projects based on a broad and detailed knowledge of current and emerging technologies and to provide technical input into projects undertaken by or impacting on organization.
5. To advise and inform management, departments and members on technical & operational issues as part of the decision making process.
6. To liaise with external suppliers and support agencies for the ongoing support and maintenance of relevant hardware and software; thereby ensuring that all work and changes are performed in such a way as to minimize all disruption to existing environment.
7. Responsible for overall management of SDC, user department coordination, SLA commitments, performance, etc.
8. Responsible for effective resource management; System & Resource planning based on requirements forecast & should be the single point contact for managerial responsibilities & direct interface with DCO.
9. Should have capabilities in team management, capacity planning and process documentation.
10. Co-ordinate with user departments to prepare hosting plan.
11. Co-ordinate with vendors & OEM’s to ensure that time & equipment dependencies are optimally managed.
12. Work closely with SDC team to ensure that acceptance test plans are in accordance with the requirements.
13. Initiation of corrective action against any identified delays, shortages, ambiguities, or other problems
14. Review the plans, policies and processes etc.
15. Risk Management & escalation to higher levels for mitigation.
16. Monitor the recurring expenditure (electricity, diesel, consumables, etc.) & submit periodic reports to MPSEDC.
17. Continuity Management & Contingency Planning: Ensure that service continuity plans (business continuity plans) are put in place such that IT service can recover and continue in the event of a failure.
18. Coordinate with TPA (Third Party Auditor), DCO (Data Center Operator) & other stakeholders to ensure timely completion of audits & resolution of observations, if any.
19. Troubleshooting and resolving the issues related to Data centre and other vendors for providing efficient and uninterrupted services.
20. Ensuring storage capacity, archiving, backup and recovery procedures for uninterrupted functioning of the IT infrastructure.
21. Working closely with IT & Non-IT members of SDC team, DCO & other stakeholders.
22. Management of policies related to hardware and software requirements. Supervising security audit requirements.
23. Management of proper documentation related to SDC.
24. Any other IT consultancy/ Advisory service that may be required from authorities.
25. Excellent knowledge of infrastructure technologies, architectures, standards and processes, and a good understanding of infrastructure engineering processes.
ME/M.Tech (Any) /MBA
Total Experience: ME/M.Tech/MBA with minimum 13 years of experience of managing large IT Infrastructure deployment Projects.
Relevant Experience: -
a) Min. 5+ years of domain specific experience
b) Min. 3 years as Team Lead in general and
c) Min. 2 Years’ experience in Data Center as Team/Tech Lead or Project Manager.
Certification (Mandatory): ITIL/ISMS/MCITP/PRINCE2/PMP
Required Skills & Experience:
• Experience of managing large Data Centre deployment & operations including all IT and Non-IT Infrastructure
• Deep knowledge of IT infrastructure domains such as server platforms, storage server platforms, server components, network devices, and IT service delivery preferred.
• Strong technical skills in networking, Linux, Windows, VMware and Hyper-V experience.
• Experience with systems management platforms, service management solution.
• Knowledge of security & Service standards such as ISO 27001 & ISO20000 etc.
• Knowledge and know-how about ITIL processes in- line to Data Center environment.
• Knowledge and know-how about IT security architecture.
• Knowledge and know-how about Cloud services -
IAAS, PAAS, SAAS etc.