At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
We are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help the Disability Leave Services (DLS) team build a best-in-class professional services program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees, applicants, job seekers and candidates globally, this is your chance to make history by joining the amazing Disability & Leave Services Team.
Amazon's Disability and Leave Services (DLS) team is building a best-in-class case management program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees globally. To support this growth globally, DLS is modifying our processes and tools for service globalization and scalability, requiring strong operational leader to help us achieve this goal.
The DLS Team Manager requires a record of flawless execution, continuous improvement of service operations, demonstrating ownership and a commitment. Also, will act as an ambassador at communicating the different changes that arise to the different members of his/her team and the organization.
The role consists of providing exceptional customer service, tactical support and partnership with other leaves for case resolution. The ideal candidate require exceptional operational knowledge and leadership skills while managing a team of 15-20 DLS members. The successful candidate will assist in the development of process changes to improve efficiency, productivity and customer experience.
Additionally, the ideal candidate must possess a bias for action to develop and improve processes, take ownership and show initiative. This individual will need strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as ability to deal with ambiguity in changing environments.
Project Management and Communication:. - Understands and effectively utilizes resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies customer-impacting issues and implement solutions/process improvements to increase customer satisfaction and enhance the operational efficiency of the site.
- Knows how to deal with ambiguity taking calculated risks in decision-making.
- Assists in developing and implementing training programs to improve the quality/productivity of the team.
- Supports process and system enhancements in benefit of the daily productivity.
- Responds to escalations, providing root cause analysis and recommendations.
- Responsible for the overall direction, performance management, coordination and evaluation of the team.
- Achieve performance goals and objectives with the network wide vision and goals.
- Develop his/her direct reports and enhance their capabilities to utilize their maximum knowledge and experience.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon's policies and procedures, which include coaching, interviewing, training and motivating employees.
- Creates a safe, trustful environment for communication based on open dialogue.
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for customers and his/her team.
- Advocates for DLS workload and priorities.
- Performs team's audits, provides coaching and feedback to support ongoing performance improvement.
- Assists in developing and approving performance guidelines.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and low supervision.
- Support customers and provide solutions to their pain points.
- Ability to handle complex and ambiguous scenarios.
- Organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments.
- Deal with performance management on a daily basis.
- Ability to take tactical decisions as needed.
- Proven ability to manage and analyze reports and data.
- Adaptability to changing environment, direction and strategy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capacity Planning and forecasting knowledge is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in HR or related field
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- 2 + years of managerial experience.
- Relevant studies or equivalent experience in a field such as Business Administration, Human Resources or related.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information and adhere to strict data privacy standards.
- Medium-Advanced level of Microsoft Package.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
. Basic US legislation Leave of Absence, Disability and/or Accommodations knowledge, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
.Ability to apply critical thinking and identify issues for problem solving
. Ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment
. Strong time management and ownership of deliverables Strong & demonstrated communication skills - verbal as well as written Prior Leave and/or Accommodations experience, to include: previous work in a leave of absence and/or disability claim management role, with experience using case management systems, reviewing cases for eligibility, determining the appropriate leave and/or disability pay benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a case management plan.
. Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or employee matters
. Experience working multiple projects or cases independently in environment with changing priorities
. Experience working with confidential information
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.