About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesDomain Capabilities &ndashProduct / Domain Knowledge
- Possesses interpretive knowledge on the domain and works from the operations and technology perspective.
- Complete understanding of risk points in the product
- The risk of not processing customer service requests on time is to be well known
- The risk of not processing due to technical failure to be handled well and must be informed to the concern
- The risk of not aware of the regulatory requirement
- As and when there is a change in procedure advised by country, share it with Unit Manager to socialise the same with the entire team to ensure adherence
- Must be able to interpret the local guidelines and policies and apply to the current process
- Understand the technical aspect of the TP system and guide the initiator accordingly to ensure end customer is not affected
- Route exceptions in processing to Unit Manager to take a call accordingly
- An awareness of linkages with other products/ process, linkages with various systems, hub resources and country resources.
- Able to look at the larger picture where a complete understanding of the linkage to processes to various products cutting across systems / sub systems is identified to optimise the utilisation of resources
- Able to relate how each one of it impacts and correlate to each other.
- Identify and share it with Unit Manager to eliminate process waste (excessive movement & transportation, wait time, defects, underutilized people/resources & non value added processing steps).
- Reduce queries from CPC analysing the recent data
- Ensure updated DOI&rsquos and end to end system / process manual on a regular basis
- Ensure that all processes executed are captured in DOI
- Ensure that any non value added process / checking in the DOI is reviewed completely and if found to be non productive, highlight the same to country and follow up for removal of such process from the DOI
- Ensure processing is in line with Group policies and procedures and DOI
- Sharing of best practices between Countries processing
- Ensure Self and team members Upholds the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Ensure Bank&rsquos compliance obligations (Statutory/Group/Local Authorities including submission of returns) are met
- Ensure sufficient back up is there for each staff
- Ensure team members are cross trained in other process/markets handled by the larger teams
- To inform the top management at the appropriate time at times of emergencies so that corrective action can be taken at the right time
Behavioural CapabilitiesPrecision Accuracy
- Analyses, interprets and monitors operations risk and work with team manager to mitigate suitably
- Able to anticipate and detect fraud and take preventive measures keeping the global fraud environment in mind.
- Establish prevention and detection internal controls with an end-to-end perspective (from transaction to customer), which address potential risks of inefficiency, ineffectiveness, fraud, abuse or mismanagement
- Use of internal/external audit findings to further improve service excellence
- Promote & enable a culture of audit readiness at all times in order to ensure no failed audits
- To report Unit's OR issues and losses to the Unit manager
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
- Escalation &ndash Keep Unit Manager advised of the regular operations and in particular, escalate exceptional occurrences, to enable appropriate action as well as report extraordinary occurrences and Corrective and preventive actions taken.
- Ensure that staff is fully conversant with the compliance requirements
- To archive records as per timeframes advised in the Procedure Circular/DOI and ensure destruction in a timely manner
- To ensure all Mandatory E-Learning and Certification by team members are completed within due date
- Executes tasks and assignments accurately
- Possesses ability to differentiate between quality and excellence in the real time BAU activities
- Create an error free culture by leveraging behavioural recognition, system requirements and other pressure points
- Create a collaborative mindset towards driving quality work.
- Instils a strong internal and external customer mindset in the team by setting service quality standards.
- Takes ownership of team goals in addition to their own
- Understands customer&rsquos requirements, able to apply them and guide others
- Understands the relative strength of each customer segment&rsquos priorities and requirements
- Able to generate and implement improvement ideas for error free processing and better customer service
- Is able to serve customer within boundaries of policies and procedures without compromising on mandated procedures/ change process model
- Clearly articulates and confidently expresses ideas and arguments
- Listens well and offers positive and creative solutions
- Ability to communicate in a collaborative manner without conflicts
- Be able to give open and honest communication to demonstrate ethical leadership with integrity
- Demonstrates presentation skills
- Provide clear and specific guidelines to team members on any process change or any other actionable.
- Uses sound judgment in solving unexpected problems
- Able to suggest quick workarounds to handle problems
- Able to identify and highlight problems and identify/implement actions to resolve same.
- To be able to Analyse Pass 1 and Pass 2 errors and take corrective action to prevent recurrence
Master&rsquos / Bachelor&rsquos degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration
More than 5 Years of experience:
- Communication skills
- Multi Tasking
- Decision Making
- Work experience for at least 4 years in Cheque Clearing activity is a pre-requisite
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.