About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesDomain Capabilities %26ndash;Product / Domain Knowledge
- Possesses interpretive knowledge on the domain and works from the operations and technology perspective.
- Complete understanding of risk points in the product
- The risk of not processing customer service requests on time is to be well known
- The risk of not processing due to technical failure to be handled well and must be informed to the concern
- The risk of not aware of the regulatory requirement
- As and whenthere is a change in procedure advised by country, share it with Unit Manager to socialise the same with the entire team to ensure adherence
- Must be able to interpret the local guidelines and policies and apply to the current process
- Understand the technical aspect of the TP system and guide the initiator accordingly to ensure end customer is not affected
- Route exceptions in processing to Unit Manager to take a call accordingly
- An awareness of linkages with other products/ process, linkages with various systems, hub resources and country resources.
- Able to look at the larger picture where a complete understanding of the linkage to processes to various products cutting across systems / sub systems is identified to optimise the utilisation of resources
- Able to relate how each one of it impacts and correlate to each other.
- Identify and share it with Unit Manager to eliminate process waste (excessive movement %26amp; transportation, wait time, defects, underutilized people/resources %26amp; non value added processing steps).
- Reduce queries from CPC analysing the recent data
- Ensure updated DOI%26rsquo;s and end to end system / process manual on a regular basis
- Ensure that all processes executed are captured in DOI
- Ensure that any non value added process / checking in the DOI is reviewed completely and if found to be non productive, highlight the same to country and follow up for removal of such process from the DOI
- Ensure processing is in line with Group policies and procedures and DOI
- Sharing of best practices between Countries processing
- Ensure Self and team members Upholds the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Ensure Bank%26rsquo;s compliance obligations (Statutory/Group/Local Authorities including submission of returns) are met
- Ensure sufficient back up is there for each staff
- Ensure team members are corss trained in other process/markets handled by the larger teams
- To inform the top management at the appropriate time at times of emergencies so that corrective action can be taken at the right time
Behavioural CapabilitiesPrecision Accuracy
- Analyses, interprets and monitors operations risk and work with team manager to mitigate suitably
- Able to anticipate and detect fraud and take preventive measures keeping the global fraud environment in mind.
- Establish prevention and detection internal controls with an end-to-end perspective (from transaction to customer), which address potential risks of inefficiency, ineffectiveness, fraud, abuse or mismanagement
- Use of internal/external audit findings to further improve service excellence
- Promote %26amp; enable a culture of audit readiness at all times in order to ensure no failed audits
- To report Unit%26#39;s OR issues and losses to the Unit manager
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
- To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
- Escalation %26ndash; Keep Unit Manager advised of the regular operations and in particular, escalate exceptional occurrences, to enable appropriate action as well as report extraordinary occurrences and Corrective and preventive actions taken.
- Ensure that staff is fully conversant with the compliance requirements
- To archive records as per timeframes advised in the Procedure Circular/DOI and ensure destruction in a timely manner
- To ensure all Manadatory E-Learning and Certification by team members are completed within due date
- Executes tasks and assignments accurately
- Possesses ability to differentiate between quality and excellence in the real time BAU activities
- Create an error free culture by leveraging behavioral recognition, system requirements and other pressure points
- Create a collaborative mindset towards driving quality work.
- Instills a strong internal and external customer mindset in the team by setting service quality standards.
- Takes ownership of team goals in addition to their own
- Understands customer%26rsquo;s requirements, able to apply them and guide others
- Understands the relative strength of each customer segment%26rsquo;s priorities and requirements
- Able to generate and implement improvement ideas for error free processing and better customer service
- Is able to serve customer within boundaries of policies and procedures without compromising on mandated procedures/ change process model
- Clearly articulates and confidently expresses ideas and arguments
- Listens well and offers positive and creative solutions
- Ability to communicate in a collaborative manner without conflicts
- Be able to give open and honest communication to demonstrate ethical leadership with integrity
- Demonstrates presentation skills
- Provide clear and specific guidelines to team members on any process change or any other actionable.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Uses sound judgment in solving unexpected problems
- Able to suggest quick workarounds to handle problems
- Able to identify and highlight problems and identify/implement actions to resolve same.
- To be able to Analyse Pass 1 and Pass 2 errors and take corrective action to prevent recurrence
- Communication skills
- Multi Tasking
- Decision Making
- Should have basic product knowledge of Liability and Lending Products
- Work experience for at least 4 years in Cheque Clearing activity is a pre-requisite
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.