About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Work in line with Group Strategy
- Support the unit in achieving the common goal
- Learn and manage the process with nil error
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure strict adherence to various RISK policies and control around the process
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the GRU team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- All stakeholders in country and operations related to reconciliation, Network Management andTechnology Support
Our Ideal CandidateQualification
- Manage account reconciliation activities covering
- Nostro account reconciliations,
- Internal/ GL account (suspense and sundry) reconciliations,
- Trade/Stock and Position reconciliations,
- Credit Card, ATM, retail branch banking reconciliations
- Perform error free reconciliation as per procedures (DOI) / Reconciliation Policy using reports from various transaction processing and recon applications. (Prior experience of working with TLM (Transaction Lifecycle Management) or any automated reconciliation platform preferred)
- Handle customer queries and correspondence (both internal and external) and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, country and internal stakeholders including technology teams.
- Ensure effective follow ups and escalations, both internal and external, in resolving outstanding reconciliation items, process and system issues, as per agreed SLA / reconciliation matrix, DOIs. Ability to differentiate escalations to various senior levels depending on the nature and impact of an issue/open reconciliation break with clear articulation of the requirement and attention from them is a must.
- Actively look for opportunities to standardize processes / automate / eliminate non value added activities and implement them for process improvements.
- Liaise extensively with a wide set of senior stakeholders, get required support to resolve long outstanding reconciliation open items and get buy &ndashin to implement process / system changes
- Continuously improve team productivity to the standards prescribed
- Create sufficient back-ups for each process to eliminate key staff risk at any point of time.
- Work to reduce System Downtime in collaboration with technology teams
- Perform end-to-end analysis of reconciliation processes and controls and propose solutions for addressing gaps, from a reconciliation perspective.
- Perform root-cause analysis of reconciliation errors and issues with clearly articulated mitigation plans.
- Follow up on risks with both internal teams and external stakeholders for timely closure without becoming overdue and promptly update actions to risk teams ahead of target timelines
- Familiarize with Group Operational Risk, Group Money Laundering Prevention and other Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable.
- Uphold the values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Comply with all applicable rules / regulations and Company & Group Policies.
- Ensure adherence to all SLAs and proper updation of all logs such as TAT, system downtime, errors and exceptions log.
- Carry out BCP tests.
- Assist in Department & Group related projects.
- Graduates/Postgraduates with expertise in FM products for minimum of 4 years with basic knowledge of FX, Money Markets, Securities & Custody related settlements and reconciliation. Derivative knowledge would be added advantage. Knowledge about TLM and expertise in handling Stock and Cash reconciliation including logic building and analysis.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.