About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Optimization of economic capital to create sustainable value in Commercial Banking business by crafting and agreeing risk appetite that helps to achieve a desired risk profile from which we can secure relatively better returns than our competition over the longer term.
- To ensure that the quality of the Commercial Banking portfolio is maintained within acceptable parameters, as defined by Credit Policies and Procedures applicable to Medium Enterprises and the reporting of information relating to that portfolio is timely and accurate.
- Increasing working profits through effective management of the loan asset portfolio in order to help develop the franchise in a sustainable way and minimise provisions.
- Maximizing Economic Revenue and minimizing Economic Loss through effective management of the risk/reward relationships.
- Maintaining credit quality and standards of professionalism for the risk function.
- Ensure effective implementation of Group Policies / Circulars / Procedures.
- Participate actively in any group initiative to improve systems and processes
- Regularly attending and making meaningful contribution to the Regional Credit Issues Forum.
People and Talent
- Ensuring that the quality of Limit Applications (BCAs) meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Approving BCAs falling within own discretion and support of applications that require approval outside the delegated credit authority, where appropriate.
- Workshopping of new business deals with the Business Team and providing them with new business/product ideas.
- Highlighting/Approving breaches of applicable Risk Authorities Policy and Local Lending Policy.
- Undertake regular customer visits to better understand the business environment.
- Maintain and improve Turn-around Time of BCA approvals.
- To instil a strong credit culture by setting the highest standards and demanding that these are maintained by all Business teams in country.
- Proactive management of the portfolio credit risk profile within agreed risk appetite. Reducing P&L volatility by running a largely &ldquosurprise free&rdquo and well managed book.
- Training team on credit policies and ensure quality BCAs and optimum resource allocation
- Ensuring compliance with all credit policy and Risk Authorities Policy and any divergence to be appropriately highlighted/approved.
- Ensure EAR process is adhered to and participate in the monthly EAR & ASTAR discussions. Assisting relationship managers in identification and managing of accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration and assist Group Special Assets Management, where appropriate, in managing stressed accounts to maximise recoveries and minimise losses.
- Support all portfolio related analysis for various reviews initiated within/outside the country.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure compliance to the ORMA framework (self-assessments, KRIs, KCSs, etc) and reporting.
- Ensure full awareness of all the policies & procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention. Ensure compliance with these policies & procedures on an ongoing basis and immediately report any deviations to the Supervisor
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the credit analysts to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Actively engage all stakeholders (eg. Business partners) to raise their awareness of credit issues and how these are managed by the Credit Risk function.
- Ensure that Credit Risk decisions are transparent and supporting rationales are explained in a professional and courteous manner, especially when turning down proposals.
Live by values and brand promise 'Here for Good'.QUALIFICATIONS:
CCCRMC certification would be required
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.