About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
Software Engineer &ndash Private Wealth Management transformation program, We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. Support and/or install software applications/operating systems. Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis.
Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean and efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Ability to quickly learn & implement any technology.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug code
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Understand business needs
- The Specialist (Technology Tools) will be a key member of Regulatory Technology Team and responsible for delivering the various technology and vendor solutions used in Regulatory Technology . The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme.
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Have overall software development experience of 1 to 3 years
- Having knowledge on Triple A GUI, Odata, TCIB is a plus.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of Agile process/methodologies.
- The desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Creativity is always a plus.
- Knowledge of Dev Ops tools like Ansible, GIT, Jenkins etc is added advantage.
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- A strong knowledge on any of the technologies like Java/J2EE Technologies, Shell scripting, Angular JS, Python, Spring boot framework & Basic Unix commands
- Problem solving mindset, strong team spirit and complete commitment to work quality.
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor&rsquos Degree in computer science, Software Engineering or equivalent degree
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.