Job Description :
Growing organization in Pittsburgh PA is seeking a hands-on Software Engineer (Tableau) with a proven background in Tableau design and development. The Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and implementing Tableau dashboards, and providing best practices. Leveraging excellent communication skills, the incumbent socializes technical concepts, builds consensus, and provides training to internal clients and team members.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner, adaptable, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and a Tableau enthusiast that enjoys educating others on the subject. The Engineer reports to the Manager, Application Developmentand works with the architecture and development teams to design and implement the appropriate solutions and delivery. How You Contribute:
- Design and develop intuitive dashboards and data visualization products using Tableau.
- Conduct extensive quality control and record-keeping procedures to ensure the highest levels of data integrity.
- Manage and track end-user requests and troubleshoot Tableau issues.
- Develop content and deliver training to others on the use of Tableau or a similar business intelligence software.
- Research best practices procedures pertaining to performance metrics and standards.
- Provide best practices in data visualization and business intelligence software, including recent versions of Tableau.
- Provide automation for Tableau dashboards functional and performance testing.
- Maintain versions of code and promote to different environments.
- Improve application efficiency.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. A combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
- 5 years of relevant experience in IT including at least 3 years of experience developing Tableau dashboards.
- Extensive experience developing visualizations using Tableau Desktop and deploying those visualizations to Tableau Server using database platforms like Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server and User Level Security.
- Experience in Tableau tools such as: Tableau Desktop Professional and Tableau Server.
- Understanding of ETL processes and tools, preferably Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica, or related tool.
- Strong Analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong SQL writing Skills for developing SQL scripts and database platforms like Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server.
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an Agile environment working effectively in a team setting, and drive projects forward within a team setting.
- Excellent communication skills, and a proven ability to present technical information to both a technical/non-technical audience.
- Live within a commutable distance of Pittsburgh PA
- Design of ETL scripts and data-related Web Services experience.
- Technical Lead experience and exposure.