our client leading engineering construction and contracting company in Saudiarabia known as INTERNATIONALJAL (www.jalint.com.sa) WellEstablished isince1986KNOWN AS, JAL International is a 100% Saudi Company and has carved a name in the Plant Maintenance, Construction, Manufacturing Business and contributed a significant part to Saudi Arabia’s industrial and infrastructural development efforts are urgently in need OF SUB CONTRACTSMANAGER (FEMALE) FOR THEIR CLIENT AIR PRODUCTS LOCATED AT AL-KHOBAR SAUDI ARABIA
• Bachelor of Engineering (preferably Mechanical / Civil) degree is plus. Masters of Business Administration degree is a plus.
• Minimum 10 years of work experience in an industrial environment, working in engineering contracts, construction contracting or construction management.
• Thorough understanding of Air Products offering and markets.
• Thorough understanding of assigned categories and related market
• Thorough understanding and prior experience in contracts and contractual language.
• Excellent oral and written English proficiency is a must. Fluency in Arabic language is a plus.
Job description and qualifications
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Subcontracts Manager.
Develop, negotiate, implement and maintain competitively advantageous sourcing strategies, engineering and construction contract services arrangement to enable world class execution for the construction of industrial gas plants. The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction area, with experience in managing engineering and construction contracts. The incumbent must possess outstanding leadership and influencing skills, along with strong business acumen, and excellent organization and time management skills.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The High PerformanceGlobal construction subcontracts sourcing team is primarily responsible for all strategic sourcing activities for construction& commissioning for new plants built by Air Products worldwide. As such, Sub-Contracts managers areresponsible for developing, negotiating, implementing and maintaining competitively advantageous supply strategies and contract arrangements to improve Air Products competitiveness and enable world-class projects execution.
This position is responsible for implementing new approaches and strategies to improve our product offering and project execution costs in Americas region. To effect this, the incumbent must develop an intimate knowledge of Air Products offering and related technologies.
He/she will be expected to understand and challenge technical specifications, commercial practices, operating practices and business processes with a focus on driving cost reduction initiatives. He/she will understand and promote current best-in-class sourcing strategies and methodologies across the industry.Strong sourcing, organizational, written, and negotiating skills are required.
The candidate must possess both excellent analytical and leadership skills. He/she will need to have the knowledge, experience, and ability to employ the appropriate influence strategies with engineering teams, sourcing teams, and business stakeholders to meet established goals and objectives. Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information, across cultures and organizations is a key success factor.
The individual will be expected to take ownership for preparing, executing, modifying and leading commercial negotiations ofPMC, 3rd party engineering, commissioning &procurement services and construction contracts. Experience in executing and managing EPC contracts is a plus. Individual is expected tobring substantial expertise in managing risks and function independently as a primary commercial advisor for proposal and project execution teams.
The individual will be responsible for conducting sourcing events and managing contracts for his/her area of responsibility. He/she will have full knowledge of implementing The Air Products Way including all e-enabled technologies and experience in SAP contracting process is preferred.
The individual will also, on an as-needed basis, provide additional execution support with project execution or our operating plants and facilities around the world.
Travel will be required for this position both short & long business trips of 1 or 2 weeks periodically throughout the year. Overall travel is expected to be 70%.
• Average Annual Spend Managed $80MM
• Categories Supported Globally Construction Subcontracts
• Commitment Authority $300M
• Supply Contracts Size Range Up to $5MM- $20MM
• Businesses Supported All APCI businesses, primarily Project Execution
• Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
• Work with Global Product teams (engineering, technology, commercial Product Management), supported business and functional organization to achieve goals.
• Develop strategies and lead the commercial contracting negotiations for hiring PMC companies, commissioning companies, engineering &construction subcontract categories aligning to project requirements.
• Identify and qualify new engineering firms &construction contractors meeting Air Products requirements
• Develop base intelligence strategies to ensure Air Products benefits from latest supply offering
• Bring innovative solutions to maximize value proposition for products and bid opportunities.
• Effectively utilize e-Sourcing tools (Ariba / Qlickview) to launch inquiries and receive contractor quotations/proposals.
• Develop efficient bid tabulations and lead sourcing reviews with cross functional teams.
• Develop and negotiateframe work engineering agreements to support Air Products competitive offering.
• Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
• Lead cross-functional teams involved in supplier discovery.
• Identify, develop and manage contractors; understand safety, commercial and capacity risks.
• Manage contractor relationships and maintain interface at senior level within contractors’ organizations.
• Act as an escalation point for contractor interface for project execution issues when relevant
• Effectively participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
• Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills, including cross cultures and geographies,
• Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
• Ability to work cross functionally within Air Products
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent negotiation and contracting skills.
• Strong understanding of macro-economic factors
• Financial and Business acumen
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, One Note) and collaborative tools.
• Good Knowledge of SAP and requisition to pay processes
SALARY ;-SAR.35,000 to 40,000/- + family status. SAUDI NATIONAL PREFERED BUT OTHER NATIONALITY WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE SEND YOUR UPDATED RESUME WITH CONTACT DETAILS ATTACHING ALL TESTIMONIALS AND EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE BY EMAIL TO [HIDDEN TEXT]T MR.VAIDYANATHAN ON IMO OR WHTS UP +91-9819070988.
AWAITING YOUR UPDATED CV FOR DOING THE NEED FUL
THANKS AND REGARDS
+91-9819070988 WHATS UP OR IUMO