Oversees the operations of the billing department, encompassing medical coding, charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management Manage and develop the billing and coding team. Interface with US clients to make sure that initial client hand off is handled well by operations Serves as the practice expert and go to person for all billing process .
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the service of our clients.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Review financial statements, performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees or oversee those personnel processes.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies based on forecasts of customer demands.
- Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Meet or exceed Revenue Cycle Targets and Goals.
- Make client calls to review, resolve, and reduce client errors.
- Act as liaison for customer issues as necessary and communicate those to the appropriate person or department.
- Follow up with clients for final resolution.
- Act as customer's contact for any billing related issues as assigned.
- Meet bi-weekly goals and monthly production standards.
- Responsible for improving revenue at account level through education and strategic plans; including crosswalks, and medical policy guidance.
- Must understand and adhere to compliance and federal guidelines such as HIPAA and all health regulations.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by management per business / company / operational need.