Job Description :
Position Summary:The Automation Architect/lead will engage with multiple clients, discover the automation needs, conduct automation feasibility assessments with RoI analysis, recommend tools and frameworks, conduct Proof of concept and industrialize automation for our clients to suit their specific needs. This includes creation/enhancement of automation frameworks, creation, execution and enhancement of automation scripts.
This position will also be responsible for setting up QA and automation best practices, lead a team of testers and engage for managed test services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To be successful in the role, the individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Required Candidate profileComputer Skills: (Highlighted/Bold must have)
- Engage with Client on automation needs
- Due diligence and discovery of current state of automation at Client organization
- Conduct automation feasibility assessments and automation return on investment analysis
- Drive the process of right Tool selection and customizations for automation needs
- Develop and enhance automation frameworks that is responsive to client needs
- Conduct proof of concepts/ pilot assignments, showcasing automation capabilities that meet client needs
- Create, enhance and execute automation test scripts
- Ability to engage with multiple clients and manage automation needs of multiple clients in parallel
- Create utilities and toolkits for test practice powered by various automation initiatives
- Proficient in using automation tools and capable in resolving technical queries.
- Operate equally effectively on waterfall/ Agile/DevOPs engagement models.
- Design , Create and realize automation glidepaths and trajectories based on client needs
- Prepare test cases, and test scripts.
- Ensure attention to detail and meticulously analyze documentation and applications to ensure quality.
- Identify and investigate issues and proactively seek solutions, exercise independent initiative, maintain accuracy and quality while meeting goals and deadlines
- Work in a highly interactive team environment, accepting and acting upon constructive criticism.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of all phases of the Testing Processes, SDLC, STLC, Testing Techniques, analyzing system requirements, developing test cases, and performing manual and automated/Performance application testing.
- Must be proficient in all levels of testing including Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing, compatibility testing.
- Must be proficient in using bug tracking tools like Bugzilla, JIRA, Mantis etc.
- At least 6+ years of relevant and hands on experienceon open source Automation tools like Selenium, Appium for Desktop and Mobile automation (Android and iOS)
- Hands on experience coding experience in JAVA.
- Must have created Automation framework with Selenium and Appium.
- Exposure to CI/CD tools like Maven, Jenkins.
- Should have experience in setting and executing automation scripts using Jenkins.
- Should be able to develop and execute automated test scripts using Java/ JUnit /TestNG.
- Should be able to develop and execute performance and scalability tests using open source tools like Jmeter.
- Exposure to designing test cases using cucumber/ gherkin would be plus
- Sound knowledge of REST full API’s
- Knowledge of commercial automation tools like HP-QC, QTP etc. would be a plus.
- Games Automation would be plus.
- Experience with UFT (QTP) / SilkTest/ SeeTest would be plus
.Test Management Tools :
FileMaker8, Test Director 8.0, HPQCTest Automation : Appium, Selenium, QTP, SilkTest, AutoIT, AppliTools
Performance Monitoring Tools : Jmeter, Grinder, Load Runner, Silk Performer.
Performance Languages : Java (2-3 years of hands on)
Scripting and Internet Tools : Jscript, VbScript, XML, Perl, Ruby, Python
Testing Methodology : Agile, V methodology and water fall.
Operating Systems : Windows, Linux, iOS
Application Servers : JBoss 5, Apache Tomcat.
Configuration Management Tool : SVN – JIRA, Jenkins, Maven
Bug Tracking Tools : JIRA, BugZilla, Seibel.Collaboration tools : WIKI, JIRA confluence.
Database : MSSQL.
Technologies : JAVA, Springs, .net, Flex, Web Applications
Certificates and Licenses:
ISTQB certified professional would be preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at the moment but ability to manage a team of 5-10 people.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.