Job Description :
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organization. This role supports our product - Software Dialer with a focus on understanding & resolving issues related to:
- Networking in a complex environment (Cloud, Web-sockets, home networks)
- Dialer & VoIP technology using SIP trunks
- Linux based back-end systems hosted on the cloud
- End-user connectivity to browser based application
- Monitoring system performance & uptime
You will be the senior technical focal point of customer issues. You will own and work on assigned cases and responsible to resolve issues raised within SLAs.
You will interact with Software Dialer customers, while being the support liaison between the customer, Product Engineering, Operations and various business units to solve the issues at hand.
You will act as the Subject Matter Expert for Software Dialer, working closely with the product developers, building the knowledge in support, troubleshooting tools and methods.
You will monitor system uptime and performance and take proactive measures to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
You will be the voice of calm in front of extreme pressure situations, managing expectations of the client and operations. You will communicate in a professional, friendly and efficient manner with empathy for the end-users.
You will analyze recurring issues and put processes and requirements for tools to better support our customers and communicate regularly with Product Engineering about technology issues affecting systems operations and client usage.
It may not involve writing code but fundamental understanding of software architectures, networking, Linux System Administration will be a core aspect of this role. The candidate needs to have equal competence in understanding the user and their issues and help them reach a resolution, and as much competence in looking at the issue technically and attempting to fix it or provide sufficient information to the engineering team to be able to resolve it. This person will be working closely with both, the engineering and the operation team.
The technologies that the person will be working with include - nodejs, angular, micro services, cloud computing, Linux, SIP, RDBMS, in-memory databases, jenkins, ansible.Required Candidate profile
- Must have
- - Minimum of 3 years in support of Web applications
- - Minimum of 3 years in support of Cloud Infrastructure
- - Unix server administration (especially Debian, Ubuntu)
- - Unix shell commands and scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby
- - Strong knowledge of networking and ability to troubleshoot networking issues
- - Strong proficiency and ability to troubleshoot different back-end systems
- - Browser troubleshooting tools (Chrome, Firefox)
- - Exposure to VOIP
- - Excellent oral and written communication skills (fluent in English)
- - Experience with communicating with enterprise customers via calls and emails, including managing a technical bridge in critical and pressing situations
- - Resilience to work in a stressful environment and comply with a tight timeline
- - Strong service orientation and interpersonal skills
- - Self-learner with the ability and desire to constantly acquire new knowledge and learn new technologies
- Nice to have
- - DevOps exposure: Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Containers
- - Exposure to FreeSwitch, WebRTC and tools such as ngrep, tcpdump, netstat, etc.
- - Monitoring & logging systems: newrelic, datadog, Nagios, Stackdriver, monit
- - Clustered server management
- - Basic understanding of RESTful APIs
- - Basic MySQL