Headquartered in Dallas, TX, Markit WSO specializes in providing software and services that increase the efficiency and accuracy of trading, tracking and managing syndicated bank loans, high yield bonds, and equities.
Wall Street Office is a suite of products designed to make the management of portfolios and structured deals a more efficient and effective process. This comprehensive system is used to manage more than $1 trillion in assets and provides immediate access to real-time data in over 150 standard reports. Straight-through processing, from trading to tracking through reporting, allows our clients to utilize one solution for all their portfolio management needs. Functionality tailored to the asset types found in structured deals as well as compliance reporting specific to each structure allows our clients to spend their time maximizing the performance of their portfolios
WSO QA team is responsible for ensuring Quality delivery to technical and business professionals with the IHS Markit WSO product suite. This includes participating in product testing, product documentation, and providing feedback to the product teams.
The role would need individual to transform testing into a continuous and efficient end-to-end quality engineering function through the use of quality processes, tools, and methodologies significantly improving control, accuracy and integrity.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent grip on programming language and creation & maintenance Automation Frameworks for frontend, backend and API based products, well versed with BFSI domain.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Test software and content to ensure changes and additions meet business expectations without negatively affecting the existing workflows/reports
- Develop or assist in creation of test plans and automated tests from the ground up to improve the overall efficiency of the feature area team
- Assist software engineers as well as scrum master and product owner with troubleshooting and improving the code reliability, delivery process in order to ensure smooth development throughout the project lifecycle.
- Liaise with the product test managers and test stakeholders to plan and prioritize tasks in a timely and transparent manner.
- Report on daily progress of tasks and escalate issues effecting timeliness of completing testing tasks
- Help implement the team a true CI/CD model
- Leading the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of current trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
Education and Experience
- Education level - Engineering Graduate
- Year of Experience. - 5 to 8 years
- Experience with Azure DevOps and working with Agile teams
- Specific skills -
- Hands on exposure in Syndicated Loan domain, BFSI Domain.
- Experience in writing, automating test cases using different automation tools and technologies like C#, Node, Angular, Python, Selenium Web driver, Cypress, Protractor
- Experience with API Testing using tools like Newman & Postman.
- Preferred skills. - Fair understanding of AWS services like S3 Buckets, EC2, Lambda, Cloud Formation, AMIs etc
- Personal characteristics. - Self Motivated, Team player.
Personal competenciesPersonal impact
Demonstrate a passion for testing, show drive to take initiative and follow through tasks to completion at a high-quality level, whilst consistently seeking to improve practices and processes.
Passion for quality assurance and attention to detail
Strong desire to learn new technologies, methods, and tools
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilitiesCommunication
Ability to communicate at all levels including daily team meetings, represent QA in meetings with project stakeholders
Ability to partner closely with development teams in fast-paced environment.
Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders.Teamwork
The ability to forge strong partnerships with key members of product and technology teams.
Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
What You'll Love About Us - Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future.Academy - we are all learners we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, pleaseor call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis.This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For informationplease click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.