About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Needs to and be aware of the understand the Group&rsquos Strategy (looking at the big picture) and able to imbibe that into the work that is being delivered
- Needs to and be aware of the understand the Group&rsquos Strategy (looking at the big picture) and should be able to relate to it.
People and Talent
- Responsible for the monthly close process, management of books of accounts, accountings controls and accounting operations processes ensuring compliance of regulations, policies and requirements of the &ldquoin scope&rdquo countries/entities.
- Manage the process for review and recording of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity and continuous improvement in productivity to the standards prescribed from time to time.
- Continually reviewing all assigned processes in order to identify opportunities for quality & process design improvement
- Ensure that the standards of customer service provided by the function consistently meet or exceed the requirements set under the Service Level Agreements agreed with the customers.
- Liaise with customers on the periodic review and re-negotiation of Service Level Agreements and any other related performance and quality measures
- Ensure effective systems and procedures for the timely collection of data from all accounting sites and their collation and submission to various recipients.
- Ensure compliance of regulations, policies & requirements of the &lsquoin scope&rsquo countries and reports and raise relevant risks to delivery by effective communication.
- Effectively contribute to the change being led by the superiors and management arising out of transition of new processes or arresting the escalations.
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills is important
- Initiative and proactive thinking
- Strong understanding of financial industry, specifically banking products and services
- Effective communication skills, including presenting and influencing senior management.
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to culturally orient in diverse & international team environment and lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where he/she does not have direct authority & build on unstructured formative situations
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Understand the Group Accounting Policy and the FCSR Standard and Policy in a way that he/she is able to identify any control lapses that has an element of risk and highlighting/escalating as appropriate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- All the CFOs of the countries & Group served by GFS.
- Various business heads of GFS
- GBS &ndash HR, Finance, Risk and Compliance
Our Ideal Candidate
- External auditors, local and overseas
- Senior members of other Finance Shared Services Centres in the industry.
- Peer group companies related businesses
- Chartered Accountant, CMA or MBA with 0-5 years of relevant finance experience in Accounting and Control, Finance process re-engineering, and organisation Design
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.