At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The will be based in The Specialist - GBS Procurement should be a purchasing professional who can quickly and accurately process purchase orders in a fast paced environment. Has excellent stake holders service skills and works well in a team to consistently meet challenging performance targets.Here is a glimpse of what you'll do
Here is some of what you'll need (required)
- Timely issuance of POs to Vendors, follow-up for order confirmation and co-ordination for on time payment to suppliers
- Coordinating with vendors for actual delivery status of material
- On time completion of Open Purchase Order Report and Shortage Report for review
- To efficiently and accurately execute core procurement processes for assigned products
- To meet or exceed desired service levels and inventory targets as defined for the products assigned, validated through procurement metrics
- Coordinate with Internal Business Partner (requestor) and Supplier for Purchase Order Changes.
- Select supplier for placing new orders in accordance with approved Purchasing strategies
- Managing supplier's database
- To identify, recommend, and implement operational efficiencies to drive continuous improvement in the execution of procurement processes
- Perform root cause analysis to expedite the resolution of service issues
- Prepare Customized reports for analyzing and incorporating improvements in processes
- Should we include shortage/excess escalation management, co-ordinate and follow thru on urgent receive, past dues management and receiving challenge resolution
- Own Buddy system when any new person joins in the team, provide all required training support to make him/her successful in Job. Conduct training program for new joinees and help new Buyers in resolving any open issues.
- Be back-up to Team Leader, take responsibility and complete deliverables smoothly.
- Responsible for Completing detailed process documentation and getting the documentation approved by internal stake holder, document should be validated once in 6 months and capture changes if any in the process.
- Ensure Teams are fully 5S compliant.
- Will be first level escalation contact to resolve escalations
Here are a few of our preferred experiences
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or Engineering Graduates
- Experience: 2-5 yrs. Procurement / Supply Chain
- Proficiency: ERP/P2P systems BAAN / SAP/ Oracle
- Mandatory Knowledge of computer software applications, MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint (PF)
- Highly effective communication skills with stakeholders and inter-personal skills
- Ability to understand purchasing and procurement methods and procedures
- Provide reports, information, analysis etc., as required, in a timely, professional manner
- Knowledge of P2P tools - end user functionality
Here are a few examples of what you will get for the great work you provide:
- Experience in Manufacturing industry preferably in electronics
- Excellent follow up skills
- Knowledge of MS office and MS outlook
- Good Analytical skills
- Ability to manage level 2 escalations
Global Procurement & Supply ChainFlex pays for all costs associated with the application, interview or offer process, a candidate will not be asked for any payment related to these costs.Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: [Confidential Information].