About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesOverview:
Main Purpose of Job:
- Cyber Security Services (CSS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank. It is the CSS mission to protect the Bank from information security threats by delivering effective information security services, responding to security incidents and educating staff. The CSS team is instrumental in ensuring the Bank meets its commitments to internal and external stakeholders and maintains an appropriate cyber security defence posture. Furthermore, the CSS team plays a significant part in the Bank&rsquos &lsquoHere for Good&rsquo vision and brand promise.
- The importance of our mission has strengthened over time and is a principle concern for shareholders, clients, regulators and the communities we operate in. Our Banks success depends on the Cyber Security Services Function to maintain the correct balance of security capabilities and risk management across the all businesses and functions across our global footprint.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work in a highly skilled and high performing team. The candidate will be the cyber security engineer and expert for multiple infrastructure domains. The candidate will design and implement security solutions as well as provide level 3 support to the operations teams.
Key StakeholdersOur Ideal Candidate
- Subject matter expert responsible for the review, design and implementation of security solutions that meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Define the requirements, scoring criteria, and conduct proof of concept reviews of new products to determine the best technology to implement.
- Hands-on technical design, test and implementation activities together with related SCB Technology parties (e.g. platform teams, datacentre teams, vendors) and handover/transition to the appropriate Production Support teams.
- Documentation for deployed solutions to meet SCB PMS and SDF standards & guidelines & obtain all required signoffs.
- Final escalation point for deep technical security issues.
- Managing and dealing with technical as well as senior stakeholders, vendors, including peers from other departments.
- Mentoring and training junior team members.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate most or all of these skills or abilities.
The ability to demonstrate any of these skills or abilities will help your application.
Cyber Security Skills
Expert level experience in at least one or more of the following, with some level of experience or knowledge in most:Mandatory Skills
-At least 5 years&rsquo experience deploying a large, complex, Splunk deployment consisting of multiple indexers and search head clusters in multiple data centre locations (on-premises) and in the cloud.
-Experienced in implementing and configuring SIEM tools, specifically Splunk including the scripting and onboarding of large collection of log data from different sources into Splunk.
-Good understanding of the logging/auditing systems used by major vendors, including those on Operating Systems, Databases and Network equipment.
-Experience in scripting on both Unix and Windows.
-Ability to define and design meaningful security reports from data caught within SIEM tools.
-At least 5+ years hands-on experience in Unix/Linux engineering and system administration including OS and application installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience.
-Experienced in writing complex Linux shell scripts and familiar with Regex for parsing and automating manual tasks, as well as software package deployment and configuration on Linux/Unix systems.
-Excellent understanding of Unix security and hardening practices.
Experienced in at least one or more of the following would be highly advantageous:
-Prior experience with engineering, deploying and/or administrating security monitoring technologies on a wide range of operating systems and application types.
-Prior experience with engineering, deploying and/or administrating host- and network- based intrusion detection systems.
-Engineering level experience with AWS & Azure Cloud, and VMWare&rsquos virtualisation technologies.
-Good knowledge and understanding of cloud technologies with the ability to deploy cyber security solutions into a cloud service.
- Good knowledge of containers and containerized applications.
-Prior experience engineering, deploying and/or managing Threat Intelligence Platforms.
-Knowledge of threat intelligence platforms, tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and threat attack simulations.
-Prior experience with Database Activity Monitoring and other relevant security products/solutions.
-At least 5+ years hands-on experience in Database management and engineering.
-Familiar with at least 2 major database flavours.
-Good understanding of Hadoop and Big Data.
[Vulnerability Assement and Malware]
-Ability to assess and/or dissect vulnerabilities and recommend remediation actions.
-Knowledge of machine language, ability to disassemble and analyse binary code.
-Prior experience in engineering, deploying and/or managing enterprise level Anti-virus and/or Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) infrastructure.
-Good understanding of Web Proxy and E-mail infrastructure.
-At least 5+ years hands-on experience in Active Directory engineering and system administration.
-Excellent understanding of how Active Directory works past the GUI interface.
-At least 5+ years hands-on experience in Windows engineering and system administration.
-Excellent understanding of Windows security and hardening practices.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent.
Other relevant certifications such as AWS, Microsoft, Red Hat, etc. certifications.
An Information Security degree, qualification or certification for example from: SANS, GIAC, EC Council, (ISC)2.
-See above section on Qualifications and Skills.
-Good understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts.
-Strong knowledge of either Unix or Windows.
-Experienced with installing and configuring a wide range of cyber security solutions.
-Knowledge or either Unix or Windows scripting languages.
-Good knowledge and prior exposure to computer forensic technologies and practices.
-Able to perform complex data manipulations and analysis in either MS Excel or MS Access.
-Knowledge of SQL.
-Process Improvement techniques.
A strong command of spoken and written English.
Demonstrable ability to engage with customers across technology teams and provide remotely located management with confidence that priorities are well attended to.
-8+ years&rsquo experience working in a team delivering technology centric customer focused services.
-Involvement with process improvement initiatives.
-8+ years working on large scale projects.
-Successfully delivered at least 1 large project.
-Prior experience in running Proof of Concept (PoC) testing.
-Self-starter, ability to work independently without direct supervision.
-5+ years&rsquo experience working in a financial institution.
-Experience in balancing conflicting priorities and negotiating an acceptable resolution.
-Experience in using metrics to highlight and report issues.
-References to service improvements personally led or championed.Desired Skills/Experience:
- Design, build and deploy cyber security applications in both on-premise data centres and on the cloud.
- Knowledge or prior experience in deploying and supporting SIEM solutions.
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, including application, OS, and security technology logging
- Experienced in parsing logs from file systems and application logs.
- Splunk Core Certified Consultant and Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect Certifications preferred
- Linux/Unix system administration including OS and application installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Experienced in writing complex Linux shell scripts for automating manual tasks, as well as software package deployment and configuration.
- Experienced in writing regular expressions (RegEx) and/or scripting or programming languages to manipulate data and automate tasks.
- Good understanding of cyber security technologies such as firewalls, web proxy servers, intrusion prevention/detection (IPS/IDS) systems, Antivirus, Antimalware, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Threat Intelligence, etc.
- Strong understanding and experience in Encryption, TLS/SSL certificates and PKI security
- Knowledge of containers and containerized applications.
- Hands-on expertise with version control systems, issue tracking systems
- Consistently demonstrate critical thinking, collaboration, accountability, and diligence.
- Possess good communication skills, written and verbal.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.