About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
Focus on Process Efficiency and align to the Record to Close (R2R) processes
- Ability to connect to the big picture
- Ensure to achieve efficiency in processes, quality and cost.
- Effective stakeholder management for respective processes across geographies
People and Talent
- Ensuring that continuous efficiency improvement in R2R activities and an established process exists to constantly identify and implement improvement opportunities
- Bring Process Transparency
- Nurture Team bonding and team engagement
- Highlight delays & related impact considering inter dependencies
- Provide insights and brainstorm the mitigation measures with respective function leads
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Monitor & track progress of all activities scheduled/completed/ongoing during the close period through out
- Publish the RAG status for all critical activities across the close cycle
- Drive initiatives towards Fast Closure of books
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Country HR Service Delivery
- GFS teams like P 2 P, IM, R2R and other support functions.
- Financial Controllers or Head of Finance in the country
- Group Finance Operational Risk.
- Preferably Commerce Graduate (B. Com, MBA Finance) with good Understanding of General accounting, Financial and accounting control policies as per Industry Standard having 5 to 7 years of relevant experience. .
- Strong Analytical and Strategic mindset, coupled with a thorough understanding of Accounting and Financial Control in Banking Industry with experience in transformation of book close processes
- Ability to understand and connect business drivers and rationale for and application of those relevant to the Performance management processes.
- Significant experience of working with management team and of interfacing with stakeholders.
- Able to quickly establish professional presence and have an excellent communication, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Substantial experience of banking, depth and breadth of knowledge in processes especially in the areas of Management accounting and related processes
- Strong ability to understand and prepare financial statements and its drivers into meaningful analyses as required.
- Ability to reconcile the intercompany, Sundry & Suspense balances and investigate, resolve the aged/risk balances if any
- Implement process to eliminate intercompany breaks in future.
- A team player to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multitask, lead through ambiguities, influence where he/she does not have direct authority & build on unstructured formative situations
- Exposure to IAS 19 standards and risk reporting of the bank.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.