Job Description :Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics - all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Principal Software Engineer
on our Engineering Development
team in Pune, India to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.What you'll achieve
As a Cloud OrchestrationSoftwarePrincipalEngineer, you will work as part ofPowerScale'sCloud and Foundation engineering team to design and implement the orchestration stack todeliverPowerScalein the Public cloud.You are an engineer who contribute fresh ideas to the areas of cloud storage as a service, automation, networking, and monitoring.You will be asked to identify and solve unique problems presented byPowerScale'sscale-out architecturein the cloud.You will:
- Build automation to stand upPowerScaleclusters in Public Cloud providers environmentsto enablePowerScaleStorage as a Service.
- DevelopRESTful APIs for both internal and customer facing services.
- Architect and developcontainerizedmicroservices to implementorchestration tasks such as:Provisioning, billing, and management operations.
- Experience with CICD and test-driven development.
- Work inside cloud providers platforms to create Marketplace listings for service.
Take the first step towards your dream career
- Automate and setup Cloud SDN networking to enable internal communication between orchestration stack andPowerScaleclusters.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Consult and collaborate with other developers and QA engineers withinother teams in thePowerScaleorganization.
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:Essential Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Extensive coding experience with Python.
- Extensive experience working withPubliccloud platforms(Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, and Amazon AWS).
- Experiencewith containerized orchestration systems(Kubernetes, Rancher,etc).
- Familiar with authentication frameworks such asOauthand SAML.
- Strongcommunication anddebugging skills.
- Experience developingwithin large scale distributed systems.
- Experienceworking withUnix/Linux/BSD operating systems.
- Experience with source management tools such as GIT.
- Angular,React,Flask, SQL Alchemy, Open API
- Ansible, Terraform, TeamCity, Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana
- Elastic search,logstash,kibana
- Infrastructure Services
- Active Directory, LDAP, logging, monitoring, alerting, remote access (SSH).
- Dell OS10
- Switching, Routing, VLANs, VRFs, Firewalls, VPNs, and BGP
- Google: VPCs, Dedicated Interconnects, Cloud Routers, Cloud DNS
- Azure: Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure DNS
- Amazon: Amazon VPC,PrivateLink,DirectConnect, Amazon Route 53
- Automation of both bare-metal and virtual machine provisioning.
- Experience developing Kubernetes CRDs, Operators, and Helm charts.
- Experience with FreeBSD, with notable contributions to the FreeBSDopen sourcecommunity.
- Experiencewith Network Virtualizationand/or Software Defined Networking (SDN).
- Experience with tools such as Bugzilla, Jira.
- Agile development experience.
- Development ofthePowerScaleCloud Orchestration stack to bringPowerScale'sstorage platformsinto thePubliccloud- starting from the ground up design todeveloping and running scalable containerized microservices.
- Champion design and implementation requirements for futurePowerScalecloudStorage as aServiceproducts.
- Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of storage infrastructure technologies.
- Identifies design requirements and makes recommendations fororchestration, provisioning, and storage control plane operations.
- DesignsPowerScaleCloud orchestrationstorage solutions per business requirements. This includeswhiteboarding, solutioning, implementing, testing, anddeployingfeatures.
- Researches and comparestools, frameworks, and platforms that can be leveraged in the cloud orchestration stack.
- Understands storage virtualization,traditional networking, cloud networking,workload automation, storage provisioning, andas a service business model.
- Able to troubleshootorchestration stack, compute, networking, and storage components.
- Collaborateswith multiple teams to determineconfiguration, instance s, and required fault tolerancesfor the development of templates for the orchestration stack to utilize for provisioning and maintenance.
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
- Project/daily tasks managed in an agile model and ability to pivot fast when needed.
- Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies.
- Performs competitive analysis for features at a product level scope. Leads the testing and fixing of new or enhanced products.
- Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions.
- Assists with the development and review of end user and technical end user documentation.
- Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product. Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, and open source).
- Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines. Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
- Makes changes to system software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
Here's our story now tell us yours
- Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products/services, orproduces new software products or tools.
- Reviewsrequirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance.
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 .Application closing date:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy .