Job Description :
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Were a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. Were guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
The Risk Product Development team, Chennai is looking for a talented and highly motivated seasoned Software Engineer-3 to join the team. The candidate should have the technical expertise to lead software and architecture discussions and guide cross-functional product and engineering teams through functional definition, solution, and integration stages.Responsibilities:
- Be able to independently design, code and test complex features, as well as lead and mentor other engineers, help build engineering teams
- Drive both technology and product innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full internal and external capabilities of the platform.
- Lead complex architectural discussions that involve multiple systems
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery.
- Drive integration efforts and lead critical work streams of strategic initiatives sponsored by senior executives
- Drive engineering excellency through CI/CD
- Pro-active response in identifying and troubleshooting integration or technical issues.
- 4+ years of experience developing frontend and full stack applications
- Experience with web front end technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Webpack, LESS, Bootstrap.
- Deep understanding of and extensive experience applying advanced object-oriented design and development principles and familiar with Java and frameworks (for eg. Spring)
- Experience collaborating with business users to define the key business requirements and translate them into process/technical solutions.
- Experience applying software design patterns.
- Experience with unit testing and tools.
- Experience using industry standard software development tools (IDE / Version Control / Continuous Integration).
- Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus.
Appetite to learn and comfort with uncertainties
- Strong system and data flow knowledge. Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- Acute attention to detail and well-developed organization and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Team-oriented approach can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- High level of energy and a desire to thrive in a large, complex, fast-paced organization ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
- Provide your GitHub account or code samples with your resume
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPals 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [Confidential Information].