The Snowflake lead will be responsible for being an expert in the Snowflake platform. This involves tracking the latest and emerging features from Snowflake. This role will require strong SQL skills, data lake engineering skills, and data acquisition skills. They will be responsible for Snowflake engineering on all clouds including AWS, Azure and GCP. They will be responsible for helping monitor and manage Launch’s internal Snowflake demo instances as well as help build client POC environments and transition them to client’s control.The responsibilities for this role are:
• Manage Launch’s Snowflake instances
• Help design and monitor Snowflake accounts from the MSP perspective
• Help train and bring data engineers up to speed on Snowflake specific features
• Work with data engineers on data acquisition and transformation strategies
• Learning and deploying Snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns
• Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated data pipeline related problems, proactively and as issues surface
• Become a certified snowflake engineer and train others on the certification path
• 2+ years of Snowflake experience
• 1+ years of advanced snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns.
• Experience with data security and data access controls and design
• Experience with AWS or Azure data storage and management technologies such as S3 and ADLS
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured and structured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores such as Snowflake.
• Proficiency in RDBMS, complex SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, performance tuning and troubleshooting
• Problem-solving skills with minimal supervision
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment with geographically dispersed teams at various timesDesirable Skills:
• 5+ year of current and hands-on experience with complex SQL and high-volume Relational databases and SQL Query performance tuning
• 5+ years of data architecture experience
• 10+ years of data management experience in a customer environment