About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- This role is to Manage and grow the relationship of existing customers and co-ordinate with the internal teams for all the queries relating of Remittances, Bank Guarantee, S2B etc.
- To look after back- office operations.
- To monitor the day to day processing/delivery of all Services related to the client portfolio with the primary purpose of meeting service standards.
- To ensure compliance of all Internal Procedures, Operational Controls and Regulatory Requirements.
- To assist Relationship Managers in implementing changes to Internal Standards and Procedures in line with development in the business.
- To ensure strict compliance of Internal procedures in line with the standards laid down as per the Quality Policy
- To provide Services to Customers as per standards set out in the Quality Manual/system and to meet turnaround times as per the Service Level Agreement.
- To ensure speedy resolution of customer queries and complaints, in accordance with laid down procedures and quality standards.
- Compliance of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to Money Laundering Prevention & KYC Norms.
- To provide information about product features, benefits and implementation to callers
- To help customers with their complaints and problems
- To provide back-office support to sales team
- Awareness of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention & KYC
- Ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer.
- Client servicing through the Bank&rsquos &ldquoOutserve&rdquo mode with the aim of Customer delight
- Ensure no escalations in CEMS
- Ensure Control on Static Data Transactions
Embedding principles of Operational Risk Management and Assurance (ORMA) framework in the SME Value Stream:
Strategy & Sales Support:
- Ensure full compliance with the ORMA Framework
- Ensuring full state of readiness to face surprise audits.
- To conduct all business operations in compliance with internal policies and external laws/regulations/guidelines. To ensure full compliance with CDC, BCSBI, RBI outsourcing Policy and other applicable laws/regulations/guidelines. To drive the compliance culture down the line.
- To ensure KCSA sampling, periodicity, record keeping, exception reporting etc is conducted accurately as per the process. To be the checker of KCSA for another business as and when required and to conduct the same with promptness and independence.
- To review the KCSA diligently as and when you are the Line Manager for the KCSA
- To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
- To report Unit&rsquos OR issues and losses to UORM
- To assist UORM and Product in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management.
- Act as OR coordinator for the section
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
- To identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls.
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
- To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities.
- To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions.
- To adhere to the Gifts & Entertainment Policy.
- Responsible for Health, Safety & Environment responsibilities as laid out in the HS&E Management System.
- The job holder must ensure he/she is fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to Money Laundering Prevention/CDD and is trained on the same. He / She must ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer. To ensure adherence on an ongoing basis to all requirements of CDD/ML as may be issued from time to time and adherence would be measured with respect to outcome of Group audits and any Quality Assurance Reviews conducted.
- To ensure that there is no overdue KCSA
- Non-compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
- No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audit5s on the conduct of KCSA and record keeping
- Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions.
Regulatory and Business Conduct:
- Support segment strategy to deliver sustainable growth across segments, ensuring that the Bank fulfils its potential and realizes significant revenue and operating profit growth opportunity that the segment represents
- Define a communication framework and create a sustainable ETB/ NTB client journey
- Develop Customer Value Proposition identify flaws and limitations in product design and escalate to Retail & Wealth Management Product teams for resolution.
- Focused effort toward process and channel improvements ensuring the best NPS and brand awareness scores across the bank and across the industry
- Agreeing annual budgets for each Region at broad channel level and resource level
- Submit agreed numbers with finance and senior management
- Keeping track of each channel and their resource for their achievement towards planned numbers
- Visiting / meeting / con-call at various hierarchy level to strategize and achieve business numbers at channel level.
People and Talent
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Lead TASC and GBG to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct.
- Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients, Financial Crime Prevention, The Right environment effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Provide effective orientation/ guidance to new joiners on the Bank&rsquos CDD policies/ Procedures/ processes to ensure their successful assimilation into the team and the Bank.Risk Management
- Abide by appropriate frameworks to guarantee that business is carried out within the Group&rsquos risk appetite and relevant risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with line managers other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with regulations and guidelines on Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM).
- Abide by the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct and foster a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder&rsquos attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant superiors and/or Risk Committees.
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure relevant systems and controls pertaining to the role remit are in compliance with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, Compliance, Operational Risk, Technology and Operations, Finance and Reputation
- Ensure adherence with the following Regulatory Compliance policies and processes (as is applicable):
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and all applicable money laundering prevention procedures
- Client Due Diligence & Related Periodic Reviews
- Client Suitability Standards
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Approval & review of Credit Applications
- Maintain Documentary standards
- Data Confidentiality
- Cross-Border Policy
- Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM)
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Embed the Group&rsquos values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Colleagues in RB and CDD teams, Product, Risk, Compliance and other support Functions and BusinessesExternal
Key clientsOther Responsibilities
- Embed Here for good and the Group&rsquos brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Work effectively across SCB, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth
- Achieve individual financial and non-financial targets while contributing towards team&rsquos overall deliverables through:
- effectively generating new business &ndash identify prospects and convert in line with the Bank&rsquos appetite
- strategically formulating account plan &ndash provide client&rsquos needs-based solutions, structure appropriate credit facility, and execute various banking transactions
- proactively building trusted client relationships &ndash maintain a portfolio of active and growing customers
- Market and sell broad range of products including trade service, cash management, treasury and investment
- Prepare credit proposal and loan application of customers prepare annual review on timely basis
- Work closely with credit team to ensure good quality lending decisions are made to ensure the strict adherence to the prevailing EAR / credit policy
- Implement agreed business plan to achieve sales/ revenue targets
- Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services
- Regularly feedback to Team Leader and peers on new and anticipated financial and service needs and recommend appropriate improvements to processes on new products
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in client engagement, internal stakeholder management and other business conduct
- University Graduate
- Minimum  years of relevant experience in serving business/commercial/corporate clients. Experience in servicing international businesses under the cross-border context is a plus
- Excellent financial analysis skills and ability to assess client creditworthiness and key risk considerations / mitigations
- Sound product knowledge on trade, cash, lending and FX and strong understanding of local industries, supply/value chains and market environment
- Knowledge of operational procedures, documentation requirements, banking practices and regulations related to retail banking
- Firm in all business guidelines and compliance issues
- Sound knowledge of financial markets and investment products
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.