Position: Senior Video Engineer/Video Codec Engineer
Description of the Role:
The senior engineer will lead and develop the video delivery pipeline of TV2Z by implementing new
Video software algorithms using the latest codecs for enhancing and optimizing our content aware
Video encoding / Transcoding service.
• Working on latest technology of Machine Learning and Content aware encoding
• Provide the best quality and reliability for infrastructure grade application segments like
Video Broadcast, Over the Top (OTT) video services, Studio grade high quality video
encoding, Live Streaming with Adaptive Bitrate.
• Evaluate and select products to be used in support of monitoring and measuring quality of
service and troubleshooting efforts.
• Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of video encoding/transcoding
hardware/software issues and implement corrective solutions for live and VOD systems.
• Configure, develop, test and implement appropriate codec settings for live and VOD
• Consult and help implement new video services and/or products in furthering the evolution
of the streaming ecosystem with a focus on quality of service, high availability, and
• Cultivate relationships with current and existing vendors/partners to improve video quality
of service and experience.
• Knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), MPEG-DASH, RTMP,
RTSP, VP9 and CMAF.
• Solid understanding of video compression fundamentals and a good knowledge plus
working experience with H.264, H.265, AV1 and VVC codecs,
• Experience working on Cloud Infrastructure (AWS/GCP/AZURE)
• Knowledge of Media Codec frameworks on Android and iOS platforms.
• Experience in developing audio/video streaming servers or clients/players
• Knowledge and experience in the video streaming domain is a must.
• Experience on DRM technologies and Encrypted video encoding and DRM client player
• Familiarity with CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc)
• Working Knowledge on media Streaming servers like Red5, Wowza, or equivalent
• Strong experience in tackling challenges revolving around video processing (Transcoding,
Packaging), tuning high performance video application for latency and cost
• Working Knowledge on Cloud Technologies like S3 NetStorage, computer, etc.
• Working Knowledge on Video Transcoding using tools like FFmpeg etc.
• Excellent scripting experience preferred (Python, Bash).
• Effective communication and collaboration skills
• Should have an ability to stay focused and prioritise a heavy workload while achieving an
• Should have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound
B.E/B.Tech/M.tech/BCA/ MCA Graduates or Postgraduates with from Computer Science or Information & Technology