Azure Cloud Engineer
Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing team within Microsoft Azure Engineering Are you customer-obsessed constantly looking for enhancing customer experience Are you passionate about cloud computing and love the challenge of solving the most complex technical problems
Come join us and surround yourself with people who are passionate about cloud computing and believe that extraordinary support is critical to customer success
and are fundamentally changing how we deliver support to our top Azure customers transforming them into being Azure fans.
Microsoft Azure provides customers with on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications on the Internet through Microsoft's global data centers. Azure CXP is a top-level pillar of Azure Engineering that leads world-class customer reliability engagements, Incident Management, modern customer-first experiences for scale, and drives deep customer insights and empathy into the broader Azure Engineering organization. Our teams are listening to customers around the clock, driving improvements and capabilities into services, support programs, service incident experience, community engagements, and more. Our 'no dead-end' philosophy ensures that every customer, regardless of or scale, can realize their full potential through the Microsoft Cloud.
Azure CXP is looking for a customer-focused engineer passionate about Customer Reliability Engineering (Availability, Reliability, Resiliency) and supportability of the Azure platform at scale. This role will be accountable for improving customer experience on Azure, diagnosing, troubleshooting mission critical customer applications built on the Microsoft Azure platform. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate breadth while managing complex, highly available services with a deep understanding of the underlying components (Azure Platform, Azure SDK, Azure Portal), and work directly with customers, Customer Service & Support (CSS), Livesite and Engineering teams. Our team is looking for an Engineer capable to manage an incident/event, help evolve a world-class infrastructure that supports a growing number of CXP customer programs. You will deliver critical, customer-facing features and work across many Azure servicing teams, ensuring they meet our customer's needs. To be successful in this role, you must have a great track record of customer compassion, an engineering mindset, an innate aptitude for agility, and technical excellence in software engineering.
We are Azure Cloud Engineering (ACE)
- a global Azure Engineering Support organization (part of CXP - Azure Customer experience group) that is customer-obsessed, and support engaged, with an engineering mindsetâ€‹. Our mission is to turn Azure customers into fans with a world-class engineering-led support experience.
As an Azure Cloud Engineer (ACE), you are the primary support and engineering contact
accountable for the customer's Azure support experience driving resolution of complex critical problems and supporting key customer projects on Azure. You will also act as the voice of the customer within Azure to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of platform/support improvement needs for customers.
In this role, you will work together with field teams (Customer Success Account Managers, Cloud Solution Architects, Support Escalation Engineers) and Azure engineering teams to:
- Critical Problem Resolution Owner - Lead Azure Support to drive fast mitigation of issues impacting critical workloads and provide timely communication in a 24x7x365 global support environment.
- Incident Management: Own the incident (Customer Reported Incident - CRI) end to end from start of the problem, collecting the data required to driving product owners in determining resolution.
- Case Ownership - Directly own a subset of customer support cases from end to end. Deliver a great customer support experience. Continuously grow Azure technical skills.
- RCA Ownership - Own and drive the timely delivery of quality root cause analysis (RCA) to understand and prevent future occurrence of reported issues.
- Engineering Engagement - Relentlessly champion and advocate driving product feedback, feature requests to address customer pain points and improve Azure resiliency.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with Engineering Developers/PMs to ensure the availability and performance of Live Site and the satisfaction of our customers. Partner with PMs to develop process, tools, automations, reports to evolve CXP programs and initiatives.
- Improvements: Improve Customer experience by analyzing signals from various sources, driving RCA's and service improvements involving bug fixes. Drive continuous improvement in the Azure platform incorporating feedback from internal/external customers.
- Participate in programs for cloud infrastructure services, focusing on strategic customer support scenarios and participate in on-call coverage rotation - provide leadership to all customer facing teams during incidents and crisis escalations.
the following attributes are also required to assure your success:
- service engineering experience in a 24 x 7 x 365 enterprise environment, supporting and troubleshooting enterprise level, mission-critical applications resolving highly complex issues/situations and driving technical resolution across cross-functional organizations. at least 3+ yrs. of cloud experience.
- excellent communication: must have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence. able to explain highly technical issues to varied audiences. able to prioritize and advocate customer's needs to the proper channels. take ownership and work towards a resolution.
- education: desired degree in computer science/technology, engineering or equivalent experience. certification in microsoft and/or other cloud technologies.
- customer obsessed: passion for customers and focus on delivering the right customer experience.
- learner mindset: openness and ability to learn new skills and technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- technical skills: deep understanding of cloud computing technologies with demonstrated hands-on experience inone or moreof the following domains:
- windows server support and management experience (performance analysis and tuning, virtualization, clustering, etc.), or equivalent expertise in linux.
- networking knowledge (tcp/ip, bgp, lan switching, ip qos, load balancing, firewall/proxy, ddos protection, etc.)
- fluency in one or more scripting/querying languages (powershell, python, kusto, sql, etc.)
- technical expertise on cloud services and capabilities on microsoft azure or other cloud platforms
- expertise in common methodologies and frameworks for high availability, disaster recovery, business continuity, architecture design and change management.
- data platform and bigdata:sql server, azure sql db, hdinsight/hadoop, machine learning, azure stream analytics, azure data factory / data bricks, cosmos db.
- azure paas services: redis cache, service bus, event hub, cloud service, iot suite, mobile apps, etc.
- identity and authentication: sso/federation, ad/azure ad, adfs, etc.
- enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great teammate.
- excellent collaboration, organizational, time management skills.
- excellent problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills.
- demonstrates strategic thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
- data-driven with a focus on business results for projects undertaken.
- effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks in accordance with high level objectives/projects.
- ability to communicate to a variety of audiences, including high-profile customers, executive management, and engineering teams.
- demonstrated ability to develop key partnerships.
ability to meet microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. these requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- microsoft cloud background check: this position will be required to pass the microsoft cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.