Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Vendor Management Lead and TPRO
Principal Accountabilities: Vendor Management Key Activities
- Work closely with the WSIT Service Lines and help establish forecasting demand for vendor requirements
- Develop and socialize vendor engagement models beyond T&M in order to ensure WSIT makes best use of the available partnerships by leveraging best practices and models
- Facilitate vendor partners to draft/prepare proposals and share relevant capabilities and service offerings for a win-win scenario
- Ensure adherence to HSBC standards and processes, improve quality & cost effectiveness of vendor engagements
- Gather regular feedback from the CIOs and project teams on vendor performances and ensure corrective measures are agreed, tracked and implemented
- Act as escalation point for HSBC managers to raise vendor related issues and likewise for vendor partners to raise any concerns for better working
- Implement practices that increase efficiency, control costs, and avoid operational losses including suggesting newer ways of working
- The job holder needs to be a senior contributor to the business and demonstrate a robust approach to vendor relationships and their impact on the business strategy of IT
- The job holder should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to influence key stakeholders and decisions
- Establish good working relationship with senior stakeholders at both sides and act as a common conduit to ensure alignment
- Conduct regular evaluations based on vendor performance and ensure timely feedback is provided, documented and tracked to closure
- Provide an early view of upcoming hot skills/key demand areas to vendor partners to align required resourcing for just in time fulfilment
- Have a good working relationship with other support teams like procurement/COO etc. to ensure any issues are resolved seamlessly
Third Party Risk Officer (Key Activities)
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Consistent identification, assessment and control monitoring of third party risk on a single global platform (RSA Archer 6) enabling compliance to the new Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Policy
- Consistent identification and assessment of third party risk and the ongoing management of third party contracts, performance and relationships
- Make it simpler and better for first line engagement owners to fulfil their accountabilities associated with the ongoing use and dependence on third parties.
- Standardised approach to managing risk engagements and strategic relationships, including active management and reporting against the Bank's most critical suppliers.
- Complete third party inventories and associated MI & reporting which enable and evidence controls around third parties (supporting the increasing regulatory scrutiny on this topic).
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Ensure delivery of CIO scorecard targets - own and deliver supporting actions
- Report to the Technology Third Party Governance forum on the nature and level of the Business's exposure to TPR
- Highlight non-compliant items in the TPRO Working Group e.g. pre-contract pipeline backlog, risks on live contracts, aged IRQs, overdue due diligence tasks and inaccurate / incomplete data
- Monitor and highlight escalated issues for his / her GB/GF at Risk Governance Forums ensuring CIOs and COOs are briefed effectively
- Attend all relevant training sessions to empower him/her to share knowledge with and educate TPEMs, risk owners and accountable executives in his/her GB/GF on TPR related activities and issues.
- Support TPEMs and CIO/risk owners in reporting area where decision or issue is of significant materiality or regulatory importance
- Liaise with IT executives, CCO's, Technology senior management, risk owners, GTP-U, Group Third Party Risk (2LoD), internal and external audit, legal regulators, risk domains, risk stewards and TPEMs, as well as engaging in relevant meetings and forums to ensure that all stakeholders are kept well informed
- Identify gaps and agree with SLs on next course of action
- Initiate discussion with Procurement, third party risk management team for data cleansing and getting those engagements mapped in Archer
- Follow up with SLs to ensure alignment of upcoming engagements in Archer
- Reporting for monthly CEMM and Steerco
- Meetings with cross functional TPRO's related to ownership/transfer issues
- Identify and approach TPEMs (bounce-backs)
- SME and go to person for TPEM's and other stakeholders in GBGF IT
- Support Ad hoc requests from Risk Domains, second line of defense, audits, regulators as and when required
- Conduct regular audits/quality assurance activities covering High/Very High risk engagements and highlight any key observations for appropriate mitigation plan
- Good working knowledge of various TPRM domains like Cyber, BCP/DR, Exit Planning, Supplier Qualification amongst various other NFRO
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
WSIT***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***