Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior project managerPrincipal responsibilities
- This is a Senior Lead Consultant Specialist role expected to shape and drive the adoption of modernised Payments Landscape within HSBC, by working independently with Enterprise and Domain Architects
- As a Senior resource you are expected to deliver suitable artefacts like Component Integration design, migration, and propose new design patterns.
- Design Governance is key facet of the role and its expected that you are able to demonstrate strong oversight and governance over design proposed by colleagues and other members. Challenge wherever appropriate. You should be a strong advocate of best practices for choice of tech infra, integration infra or support infra.
- Key focus on designing and implementing solutions using APIs, Microservices to help build the Payment Processing ecosystem using technologies like but not limited to Mule, Springboot,and frameworks like Apache Camel, technologies like Java, Groovy on Cloud enabled infrastructure using Kubernetes and Dockers to host and scale services
- You are expected to be innovative in your solutions as its not always possible to deliver the target state in first iteration. Hence Innovative ways to deliver solution that are aligned to strategy is one of the key responsibility.
- You are expected to explain your thought process and seek consensus for various architecture proposals from wide range of Senior and Junior stakeholders. Tolerance to ambiguity is one of the expected traits.
- You will be one of the accountable team member to ensure that Systems are designed for scalability, reliability and security of the proposed solution. This role requires understanding the challenges of vendor products and fitment of the same with the HSBC model. Hence you will need act as key Technology SME bridge between the 2 tech stacks.
- You need to be able to adopt and champion all expected Architecture controls with different stakeholders like Project Managers, Infrastructure SME and Security experts.
- Very strong Customer centricity in design, ease of operations use, reduction in manual efforts are some of the design principles expected to be led, advocated and implemented by the candidate.
- You may potential have to mentor a small team of SME and act as their voice at the Snr Architecture and Delivery Management stakeholder forum.
- You must be a good listener who can take variety inputs but apply your own discretion to arrive at decision. Hence decision making is one of the primary responsibilities.
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Equivalent
- Relevant and strong experience in Software Development and Design 13+ years
- Exposure or certifications in Architecture principles, Design patterns of complex enterprise class platforms 5+ years
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Should have worked in a large scale integration preferably with a Global Bank as Design Lead or Solution Architect
- Should have strong domain knowledge of Payments processing and simultaneously have excellent technical knowhow on the latest of Cloud based / Microservices based solutions across the Payments estate.
- Exposure to migration/ transformation of Payment platforms to new cloud based tech stack will be major advantage.
- Should have worked with different Payments clearing schemes to appreciate the complexity and the handling of Payment work flows
- Should have good knowledge of building resilient, scalable and secure architecture which are performant, especially with Instant Payments adoption which have stringent SLAs
- Should have participated in key decision making for different solution and shape the solution delivery outcomes that are practical
- Should have led independent initiatives that either improve a process or define new process that help in over-all Architecture practice.
- Preferably should have worked on event driven architecture covering either Google Cloud, Amazon Webservices or Azure Cloud adoption of large scale platforms related to Payments processing. Kafka experience will be a plus.
- Working knowledge/ Hands on experience in area Payments Sanctions, Payments Accounting, Fees and Billing , Advises and Reconciliation are expected.
- GPP Fusion experience will be a preferred.
- Expected to be aware of File based Payments (disbursements, collections) instruments.
- Should be technically conversant with different integration protocols SFTP, Connect Direct, TCP Sockets, HTTP ReST API.
- With respect to security should have strong expertise in atleast one of following ( Client Side security/ Server side security). This is crucial area in view of designing highly secure integrations.
- Should have good understanding on DB concepts with strong knowledge of atleast 1 RDMS like Oracle and preferred if candidate has working knowledge of Object Oriented DB (Mongo DB). Exposure to Hazel cast, Redis or Elastic search cache will be a definite plus.
- Acquaintance of ISO 20022 Message types for Payments is preferred.
- Should have preferably mentored a small team (2-3) as part of Senior team member in your organisation.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.***Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***