Job DescriptionSome careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Senior Project Manager.
- Business: IT COO
- Open positions: 1
- Role Title: Senior Project Manager
- Global Career Band: 4.2
- Location (Country / City): India, Pune
- Recruiter Name: Komal
- Candidate User Guide:https://hsbchrdirect.service-now.com/hrspid=kb_article&sys_id=6bd437061be61c10e9b1553a2d4bcb07
The Third Party Management Risk Lead is a senior role responsible, supporting the Global Technology TPRO, for championing third party risk management related activities across Technology
• The role provides risk management support, subject matter expertise and direction for Third Party Risk related activities and issues in conjunction with the Global Third Party Risk Officer
• The overall purpose of the Technology Third Party Management - Risk team is to ensure Third Party Risk is being managed effectively in Technology, including the performance of other key Third Party risk roles.
• The TPM Risk lead is responsible to coordinate the implementation of the Group Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Policy and Framework within TechnologyThey will:
• Be a point of contact for Third Party Risk related matters for Technology
• Liaise with the GTP-U. Technology CCO, Group Third Party Risk (2LoD) and INA (3LOD) on behalf of Global Technology TPRO;
• Review the performance of Third Party Risk Helios controls, ensure these are being monitored adequately, and action is taken where required.
• Assist in the development and implementation of self-identified issues (MSIIs), from inception, through to tracking actions and closure.
• The Global TPRO has implemented governance over Technology Third Party Risk. The Third Party Management - Risk lead will be expected to:
• prepare material and present at Governance fora as required.
• monitor completion of SOC Report assessments for in-scope Technology Outsourced Service ProvidersPrincipal responsibilitiesImpact on Business
• Support the Global lead by acting as the local point of contact / interface/ champion for TPRM related matters on behalf of Technology
• Review and monitor Third Party Risk related issues across all entities within Technology locally
• Measure and monitor Third party risk controls against set objectives criteria. Initiate remedial action where required.
• Develop, measure and monitor management self-identified issues which impact Third party risk controls
• Escalation through reporting line where decision/issue is of significant materiality or regulatory importance.
• Escalation of cross risk/cross business impacts where agreement cannot be reached to Global Third Party Risk Office
• Review of analysis, MI and reporting produced by various stakeholdersCustomers / Stakeholders
The role will involve frequent liaison with a large range of stakeholders including:
IT GBGF and Regional IT TPROs
Chief Control Officers (CCOs)
Technology Senior Management
Internal Audit and External Auditors / Local regulators liaison / engagement
Risk Domains and Risk Stewards
TPM Programme team and SOC reporting ProgrammeLeadership & Teamwork
• Act as the management interface between Technology, CCO and the Global Third Party Risk Utility
• Influence stakeholders within the Technology to create an environment of robust, pro-active and informed Third Party risk awareness
• Building strong working relationships across Technology, including IT GBGF / Regional TPROs
• Work closely with Group TPM to align the practices and governance structures to share / absorb best practices
• Maintain transparent communication channels with all relevant stakeholdersOperational Effectiveness & Control
• Actively track and manage the ongoing utilization of risk capturing tools and utilities e.g., Archer are rolled out
• Embed and oversee the TP Risk procedures and assure adherence to policies and processes
• Engage with the IT GBGF / Regional TPROs and Third Party Engagement Managers to promote consistent Third Party risk mitigation.
• Report to the Technology Third Party Governance forum on the nature and level of Technology's exposure to Third Party Risk and the effectiveness of the arrangement to control the risk and keep the exposure within appetite.
• Perform periodic conformance reviews to ensure:
- Assessment processes are being performed to a satisfactory and consistent quality
- Key issues/incidents are being reported and remediated in a timely and satisfactory manner QualificationsMajor Challenges
The role will require the jobholder to:
• Adapt to a changing landscape within HSBC and also due to external regulations. E.g. Third Party Risk control framework is changing, creating change to risk assessments and control mitigation.
• Possess outstanding people management skills to develop a close and ongoing working relationship with TPROs, TPEMs and other senior managers. The nature of the role requires highly effective influencing and co-ordination skills.
• Embed and optimize the capabilities of the new TPRM Utility by extensively reviewing and improving existing processes.
• Proactively work with Technology and the regional / entity management / HOST to ensure alignment of appreciation, understanding and governance of TPRM
• Ensure buy-in and support of all stakeholders the overall TPRM objectives by maintaining high credibility.
• Work closely with the Global TPRO to calibrate and ensure adherence to associated policies, methodologies and processes across Technology.Role Context
• Operating in a highly competitive environment, Technology leverages various Suppliers and other third party engagements to provide efficient distribution channels.
• With presence in multiple countries and over several thousand third party business engagements, TPRM for Technology is a critical function that is responsible for managing day to day risk presented by these operations.
• In an increasingly governed and regulated environment the ability to provide assurance that all the models are being deployed in countries to an agreed standard is paramount.You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.'
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.**Issued By HSBC Software Development Centre***