job descriptionThe new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell's business & assets around the world.The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
The role supports the Assets/Facilities in implementation of Risk Based inspection process methodology using any of the available tools within Shell (w-IMS, PACER, RRM, CIMS etc.) Preparation of RBI data sheets, converting process flow diagram into material selection diagrams, identifying corrosion loops, identifying integrity operating windows and operating parameters from corrosion monitoring framework, preparing corrosion loop descriptions and tags, identification of dominant failure modes & damage mechanism, knowledge of RBI procedures. Support Inspection supervision of static equipment during asset Turnarounds.Ensure Data validation of all the templates, create automation tools in order to expedite the process and speedy implementation. Review error log sheet, finding solutions and implement the same for maintaining high quality data uploads in the system.Interpreted technical data, drawings, documents and processes for Ups/IG/Downstream businesses across the globe by working with engineering, maintenance, operations and project teams & partners.Creating equipment specific task lists for preventive, corrective and shutdown maintenances of the static equipment like Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers etc.,Support projects, maintenance & improvements activities performed at the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations.Enable the assigned asset operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations and it's on site employees in producing and compiling high value maintenance information and data, as measured by improvement trends in data quality.May be assigned as primary engineering analyst for smaller sites, plants and locations.
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programs like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The Operations Lead Technical Reporting will be part of the VP TAO organization
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell's Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Support the Process Specialists and other engineers performing primary functions, with scope covering technical data and documents of the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations. This role is expected to help ensure:
- Data Maintenance for the site is performed error-free and within assigned controls (Clean the Stream).
- Assurance projects to extract, mine, clean, track, trend, analyze, or report are agreed with the site within local quality improvement plans.
- Provision, as a process specialist, for Technical Support that fully enables the Site to leverage the benefits of utilizing the Engineering Tools.
- Participation in Group and Operational Excellence (OE) team efforts to Standardize processes, tools, benchmarks, standards and best practices. The role may also be assigned as part of the Site Team or Project Team working under a Team Lead
- Provide the technical steer to staff for assigned work stream(s)
- Enable the usage of supporting technologies /IT tools.
- Encourage the teams to have a clear asset centricity & delivery focus.
- Preparation of RBI data sheets, converting process flow diagram into material selection diagrams, identifying corrosion loops, identifying integrity operating windows and operating parameters from corrosion monitoring framework, preparing corrosion loop descriptions and tags, identification of dominant failure modes & damage mechanism, knowledge of RBI procedures. Support asset inspection activities during Turnarounds and other Major maintenance activities.
- Support assets in aligning inspection schedules in both w-IMS and SAP and able to create or modify the inspection schedules (CAIR) based on the requirement.
- Support Assets in CUI inspection related data support such as CCAM implementation/DCAM to CCAM activities.
- Primary responsibility in Preparation, cleansing, validation of inspection data for w-IMS deployment in the designated/assigned OUs, RBI data preparation, migrating data and explain the inspection engineers on how to use w-IMS tool and explain the analysis and results. Also provide the post deployment support for w-IMS.
- End to End implementation experience of RBI data population into w-IMS, RRM, Pacer and other relevant tools.
- Preparation of Inspection reports, analyzing the corrosion management framework, population of w-IMS templates.
- Create the Preventive Maintenance (PM) task lists and general task lists based on the maintenance strategy and link it with maintenance plans and items. Interact and communicate with the site focal for Preventive Maintenance Libraries and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies about how the actual maintenance activities for static equipment, rotating equipment and other machinery have been planned and performed in various Ups/IG & NE/Downstream Operating Units of Shell.
- Assist the Team Manager/Process Specialist to develop, maintain and manage the Site Reference Document.
- Assist the Team Manager/Process Specialist in responding to inquiries related to the data and its functionality or use in a technical support function including training site staff in CMMS or use of Request Tools, running pilot tests and demonstrations, increasing awareness of CMMS functionality (e.g. using Measurement Points more effectively.) This Technical Support function includes supporting managers and other staff on migration efforts
Education & Experience:
- The role will be reporting to Team Lead (TL) RBI Static, who in turn will be reporting to Operations Lead (OL) RBI Static -Equipment Care.
- The role Support the Process Specialists and other engineers performing primary functions, with scope covering technical data and documents of the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations. This role is expected to help ensures.
- University Degree in Mechanical/ Metallurgical Engineering.
- Required at least 5 yrs. Of experience in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemicals/ degree in engineering/ technical/maintenance jobs from one or more of the following fields: -
- Experience working in Inspection Management systems such as w-IMS and CMMS systems like SAP
- API 510 or API 570 (at least 1) certification or at least 4 years experience working with those standards is Mandatory.
- Field experience in inspection processes, corrosion monitoring and related technical know-how, knowledge of various NDT processes, inspection management plans, piping integrity and maintenance of static equipment like pressure vessels, heat exchangers etc, & knowledge in Risk Based Inspection(RBI) Methodology - API 570, 580, 510, 571 and 581.
- Field experience in conducting corrosion monitoring inspection, wall thickness measurements, CUI, and experience in fabric maintenance/different types of insulation and installation techniques. Preparation of work packs and procedures related to MMI.
ASNT LEVEL II is desirableOther Skills & Competences:
- Developed engagement and communication skills. Knowledge or higher-level awareness of the context of use of technical data and documentation within technical data processes, Shell's physical processing assets (hardware) and associated operating processes (Cat Crackers, drilling ops, production and lube oil facilities). Ability to deal effectively with complexity and detail. Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility. Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem solving
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial skills, and proven ability to influence change across an organization and geographies, including non-operated ventures.
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- External lens and connectivity: able to understand how Shell can influence the external world and how Shell is influenced by the external world.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Strategic Partnering
- End to End Process Management
- Continuous Improvement
Competitive applicants will have a proven track record of delivery in Asset and/or Project leadership.