The Role ResponsibilitiesDomain CapabilitiesProduct / Domain Knowledge
- Strategic perspective and full understanding of Policies, Procedures and Guidelines. Able to understand the product vis-a vis the other policies and identify any gaps to mitigate operational risks
- To ensure to document the new guidelines /process and same should be approved by business/internal stakeholders to rollout .
- Work with stakeholders to operationalise the product offering and draw up a process flow
- Full understanding of regulatory risks and adhere to all guidelines issued in order to have Nil observation audit report
- Ensure the adherence to existing DOIs and provide input to DOI documented whenever new process is advised by the relevant stake holders
- Ability to standardize and optimize processes across products/markets
- Instinctive grasp gained out of experience of linkages between sub processes and related ability to identify gaps arising from any process change
- Ability to evaluate processes to see if improvement is needed to meet new challenges
- To be abreast of changes to guidelines issued by Country Regulator / Group from time to time and apply such changes to the current processes followed with reference various transactions and product offering.
- Actively provide input for process improvements and ability to sponsor automation and implementation of end state process
- To explore automation opportunity wherever possible
- Ability to translate process feature into system functionality.
- Understands the basic project management concepts, able to lead a medium-d project team and able to interact with parties outside the team to pursue actions
- Able to liaise with all stakeholders and teams working on the project in terms of following up actions and contribute when issues / concerns arise
- Able to understand the Functional specifications / user stories and convert into business scenarios to test the application.
- Able to prepare test scripts and test cases for different process and execute the testing as end user (UAT).
- Ensures there are regular reviews, there is accountability, and that management of projects, stakeholders and suppliers are in place.
- Act as proxy to the country counter part users and simulate their BAU process towards
Operational risk Management
- Ability to categorize and to quantify the work plans to suit the SLA requirements
- Review cycle times for correctness of input
- Defines and mitigates capacity risks
- Displays flexibility in altering plans to achieve objectives or adapt to situations
- Ensure deeper understanding of transaction processing risks and provide management intervention
- Understand the Risk Dynamics, Global pressure points, stress in Market environment,
- Understand and implement the Group risk management policies, processes and structures
- Able to identify and assimilate the scope of complex risks and ready to take calculated risks
- Highlight to Management and stakeholders business risk, evaluate impact and design/ execute actions to mitigate same.
- Ability to involve other business functions in resolving/ mitigating risk issues
- Executes tasks and assignments accurately within agreed Turnaround time.
- Possesses ability to differentiate between quality and excellence in the real time BAU activities
- Able to provide solutions and ideas to bring down errors.
- Create an error free culture by leveraging behavioural recognition, system requirements and other pressure points
- Create a collaborative mindset towards driving quality work
- Takes ownership of team goals and organizational goals in addition to their own
- Good understanding of customer&rsquos requirements and what's generally offered by other similar set-ups.
- Is able to network with customers and able to manage expectations
- Is able to serve customer with high quality service within boundaries of policies and procedures without compromising on mandated procedures and able to convince customers on exceptions
- Is courageous to communicate to the customer on negative trends of service and actual root causes
- Shares critical information in a timely and effective manner
- Possess ability to understand differences in the target audience and accordingly modifies the communication style across differing cultures.
- Possess negotiation skills to achieve common goals.
- Be spontaneous in communication and handle criticisms effectively
- Displays ability to train on communication skills
Managerial CapabilitiesStakeholder Management
- Able to identify and highlight both obvious and underlying problems and identify/implement actions to resolve same.
- Able to guide team members in managing problems and apply controls to minimize recurrence
- Able to handle conflicts through negotiation, collaboration and accommodation
- Be sensitive to cultural differences so that there are no conflicts based on diversity
- Mentors others to be solution oriented
- Know your stakeholders and their goals
- Constantly engage stakeholders in any changes envisaged and Manage expectations and concerns
- Able to deliver meaningful MIS on areas of vital interest to stakeholders
- Be a central bridge between stakeholders and the team
- Serving on committees with members from across different functions
- Sponsors and develops (e.g. coaches, mentors) key employees to build bench strength and ensure adequate succession planning
- Ability to ensure people engagement as evidenced by My Voice. Ability to negotiate performance ratings and have courageous conversations.
- Ability to work with matrix reporting relationship
- Develops short- and long-term career development plans with employees
- Builds teams using appropriate structures e.g. cross-functional, project team
- Successfully identifies, develops, and retains talented individuals. Allocate resources effectively to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of a unit
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and encourage positive self-regulation of ethical behaviour.
- Develops and implements strategies to build the capability and performance of employees at team and Business Unit levels
- Uses diversity as a strategic tool for business
Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Ability to analyze the complex information in hand and identify risks involved which could have been overlooked / camouflaged.
- Able to analyze the trends and patterns in the unit (Volume, capacity, performances & errors)
- Able to interpret the ratio analysis of the key elements in the units
- Ability to read and interpret the system reports to identify any out of pattern trends in the units / system
- Ability to provide information / suggest based on the trends & pattern analysis for system / process enhancements.
- Ability to evaluate data using analytical and logical reasoning to examine each component of the data provided for the purpose of drawing conclusions to help decision making.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has a good understanding of what the strategies and tactical goals of the organization are
- Able to execute given actions that will contribute towards achieving business strategies
- Provides ground level inputs to fit for purpose plans and upward feedback as a reality check for implementation
- Able to drive business goals among team members as per action plan and timelines percolated down
- Builds informal relationships across units to ensure best implementation processes are used and to reduce duplication
About Standard Chartered
- Post Graduate in any discipline
- Certification related to project management
- Certificate on Manual Software testing
- People Management Skills
- Stake Holder Management
- Communication skills
- Multi Tasking
- Decision Making
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills,global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website