About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
Managing and Leading teams aligned to the Record to Close (R2R) processes
- Ability to connect to the big picture & Drive Chapter Three principles
- Ensure to achieve efficiency in processes, quality and cost by digitization & simplification of process.
- Consolidation of all Digital Ventures projects into the hub & other standalone entities
- Effective stakeholder management for respective processes across geographies
- Drive the new centralization of Digital Venture project process and stabilize into R2R space by putting robust structure, controls and validation. Drive agenda book of work for the year.
- Being new model the expectation would be multiple fold and as individual contributor one has to handle end to end process including substantiation, management of books of accounts, accountings controls and HR accounting operations processes ensuring compliance of regulations, policies and requirements of Digital Venture entities & standalone countries
- Review daily review of trail balance, monitoring of bank balance / reconciliation monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results as per IFRS standards to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained / substantiated.
- Performing Intercompany reconciliation tasks and preparing KB / KC schedules as per IFRS requirements with detailed analytical review.
- Handle all internal and external audits (EY,GIA) & submission of timely /accurate reports to GFS Operation.
- Lead project support and timely engagement with GBS Legal & Compliance and co-ordinate with onshore team for obtaining necessary approvals
- Leverage process/domain expertise to identify opportunities for quality & process design improvement with new ways of working by holding the values of the Group and Company at all times.
- Contribute to transformational agenda in terms of strategic, consensus building, driving and contributing to objectives..
- Creating and implementing policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting /operational issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. Raise relevant risks to delivery by effective communication.
- Continually reviewing all assigned processes in order to identify opportunities for quality & process design improvement
- Preparation of white paper supporting the monthly close process and month end balances & publish timely KPI, MI dashboard for senior management and stakeholders.
- Ensure that the standards of customer service provided by the function consistently exceed the requirements set under the Service Level Agreements agreed & project assignment by stakeholders.
- Effectively lead change, manage and escalate risks arising out of transition of new processes
- Bring Process Transparency.
- Highlight delays & related impact considering inter dependencies.
- Highlight process risk in appropriate forum & timely closure.
- Provide insights and brainstorm the mitigation measures with respective function leads
- Monitor & track progress of all activities scheduled/completed/ongoing during the close period through out
- Publish the RAG status for all critical activities across the close cycle
- Design and implement KPIs and dashboards
- Drive initiatives towards Fast Closure of books including internal / external audits (EY, GIA)
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Strong Analytical and Strategic mindset, coupled with a thorough understanding of Accounting, Financial Control, Interco & HR Benefits in Banking Industry with experience in transformation of book close processes.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multitask, lead through ambiguities, influence where he/she does not have direct authority & build on unstructured formative situations.
- Ability to design and build structured processes with consensus of key leaders in the wider organisation on digital venture.
- Significant experience of working with senior management team and of interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Able to quickly establish credibility in client journey & adopt new ways of working, persuasive professional presence and have an excellent communication, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Substantial experience of banking, depth and breadth of knowledge in processes especially in the areas of Management accounting, Interco HR benefits and related processes
- Strong ability to understand and prepare financial statements, KB / KC schedules and its drivers and synthe them into meaningful analyses as required. Develop analysis & interpretations as required to facilitate management decision making.
- Ability to reconcile the intercompany balances and investigate the breaks & eliminate IC breaks in future.
- A team player with the management ability and track record to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team with a positive outlook and a desire to stretch themselves to achieve both personal and functional success.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- GFS P2P, IM, GPS, R2P, R2R. Onshore Head of Finance - CFO
- Preferably Chartered accountant / CMA ( 8 plus years) or Commerce Graduate with good understanding of General accounting, Financial and accounting control policies, HR Benefit with ten plus years of work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the e2e book close process in a large international Bank and relevant key measures that drives effectiveness of these processes.
- Effective communication skills, including presenting and influencing senior management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.