About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
- A key priority for the finance function is to define and initiate a comprehensive change roadmap for Cost Reporting that will address some of the fundamental issues residing within the process today.
- The existing framework involves too many complex and independent processes that run on different technology platforms and follow alternate guidelines and principles. This ultimately leads to accountable cost owners not getting the relevant information that they need to make effective decisions, and process / product owners who do not have the tools that they need to resolve it.
- The Cost Optimisation program was established in early 2020 to focus specifically on this area and lay out a strategic roadmap on how we can solve some of these underlying issues. Key objectives for the program include:
- Simplification of processes to be more efficient and transparent
- Defining governing rules and policy&rsquos that are universally adhered to
- Transition to a standardised technology landscape with increased capability and flexibility
- Integration with other strategic initiatives to fully leverage the benefits across finance.
- Less arbitrary and more direct attribution of costs
- Transparent MI highlighting cause-effect relationship between service consumption and cost
- So far the program has initiated work on the first use case which is simplifying and improving the group service charge process, aligning it with the Financial Reporting initiative and building it on the new SAP infrastructure PAPM (Profitability and Performance Management). Whiles this is progressing there is already an eye looking forward at other subsequent use cases which includes other recharge processes along with opportunities to simplify and align our incurred cost structures to further improve our cost reporting for stakeholders.
- The Business Analyst role will play a critical role on the program with responsibility for the solution design and engagement with the Technology partners through delivery. The solution is not just the implementation of a single system but a fully integrated platform and process that will need to integrate successfully with the other related solutions including Financial Reporting, Planning, Reference Data Management and Reporting in both a transition and future state. The role will report into the Program Delivery Lead.
The Senior Business Analyst will be:
- Responsible for detailed design of the end to end Cost Optimisation strategic solution which includes multiple modules such as:
- Service Charges
- Transfer Pricing
- Direct Cost Modules (Functions / T&I / Ops / GBS / Property etc)
- Intra Segmental / Product Allocations (CCIB / CPBB)
- Integrated design of multi-application solution, including:
- Ledger / Financial Consolidation
- Intercompany / Settlement
- Financial / Performance Management Reporting
- Reference Data Management
- Partnering with Financial Reporting workstream to ensure comprehensive end to end working design and integration
- Detailed process documentation to align with system solution design
- Manage solution design through the relevant design and governance phases in preparation for system implementation
- Ensure effective integration with the wider SAP and Non-SAP applications
- Engage with other change partners including technology / third parties to ensure design / delivery issues are identified and resolved effectively
- Responsible for system readiness in preparation for testing cycles
- Facilitate system testing and support user community through the UAT phases
- Support documentation of target operating model / process design
This role requires strong techno functional design skills along with experience in implementing new technology platforms from design through into BAU. Strong business analysis skills, sound process definition experience, ability to learn and understand the functional areas and data requirements and good interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders across multiple locations are all preferred skillsets.Our Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Discipline & Follow-up tenacity
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Excellent Written & Spoken English
- Adept at accurately summarizing, categorising, spotting trends in numbers
- High levels of personal accountability and proactive initiative taking, together with a pragmatic, customer-focused approach
- Outcome focussed with excellent problem-solving abilities whilst exercising good judgement
- 10+ years of experience working within financial services, preferably finance or performance management responsibilities
- Experience in engaging with senior business stakeholders
- Experience in gathering and documenting business & functional requirements
- Strong skills with core Business Analysis toolset and techniques
- Able to design processes at both a conceptual and operational level
- Strong background in problem solving, with demonstrable analytical skills
- Strong Cost Management functional knowledge is desirable
- Experience in one or more of the following areas desired: Cost allocation, financial planning, financial / management reporting, SAP PaPM.
- Experience in transitioning new solutions into a BAU operational environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.