If you are a passionate technology practitioner then this position offers an interesting opportunity to lead, shape and drive digital transformation for Enterprise BUs like HR, Legal and Compliance domains while supporting a unique mix of platform, systems and functional capabilities.
This is a great opportunity if you are enthusiastic about Customer & Colleague Focus and ambitious to explore VMware products and technology to solve real world business concerns.
In your capacity as a Sr. Manager - IT Applications, you will lead a team of highly motivated software developers and product owners who thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. In addition to the niche functional expertise on core business functions, this team builds, deploys, and operates enterprise applications.What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing
- Partner with Domain and Technology leaders to define Strategy, Vision and Roadmap
- You are expected to understand, and lead opportunities within HR, Legal, Privacy & Compliance domains for CDTO and CIO Offices. Go to person to drive digital transformation schedule for the BUs.
- You will plan and execute high quality software solutions that address business concerns and effectively report insights for Sr. Leadership.
- Align technology roadmap to business roadmap with measurable business outcomes and establish business alignment
- Lead an agile team, and effectively resolve issues/ conflicts while owning the quality of the system developed.
- Identify opportunities to introduce Compliance and Privacy controls in the overall solution landscape.
- Lead, Coach and Mentor the individuals within the team to ensure they achieve their true potential.
- Practitioner of Agile, CD/CI, Dev Ops framework
- Proven track record of managing the bi-directional, highly active environment that thrives on open communication and agility.
- Identify and manage multiple senior stakeholder expectations by not only focusing on the outcomes but supporting through the process and opportunity to shape the outcomes within CDTO.
What type of work will you be doingWhat assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis
- Manage a high-performing core engineering team of individual contributors that are deeply technical, dynamic, agile, dedicated, and innovative.
- Actively facilitate capability standardization and platform simplification with reduced TCO.
- Understand functional domain and day to day business operations to provide the right technology pace.
- Understand technical domain and provide architectural oversight to critical capabilities that ensure future scalability & flexibility.
- Building strong partnership and alignment with Product Management, PMO, and core business teams.
- Advocate for the team by moving decisions forward and eliminating blockers
- Over and above the execution responsibilities, you will also manage a team of full- time employees and contingent workforce, engaging keenly in the vendor management aspects as well.
- Implement mindset shift to Product thinking, Product Engineering, Point of View led solutioning attitude & aptitude, innovation, and overall thought leadership.
What is leadership like for this role What is the structure and culture of the team like
- As a key member of the Leadership team, you will be responsible to drive the success and strategy as defined through CDTO.
- You will be responsible to help build a strong engineering culture and SaaS mindset.
- You will work towards the goal of â€˜Partner of choice rapport with the business groups and work collaboratively across various teams and handle engagements within CDTO and Business Units to deliver organizational strategies.
- Having Senior level OpenStack experience. Must know architecture, operations and be able to take ownership and is responsible for all aspects of an OpenStack deployment (engineering, operations, infrastructure, onboarding, etc.)
- Success in the role is defined by the ability to lead, grow and motivate the development teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Workday. Should include knowledge of some or all Workday functionality like Core HCM, Benefits, Compensation, Talent, Absence, Time Tracking, Integrations, Security, Data Conversion
- Having significant latitude in leading implementations, establish a reputation of leadership within a team, and demonstrates influence within their area of expertise
- Leading engineering design and development efforts providing timely guidance & interventions to ensure that the solution is delivered on time and with high quality
- Be a change-oriented leader and thrive in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment.
This role will be directly reporting to Roopa Raj, Head of IT (who leads the CIO operations for APJ). She is a seasoned business leader with experience in high-performance delivery, business growth, client relationships, driving long-lasting tangible business benefits and operational effectiveness.
She has extensive experience in end-to-end accountability of large complex transformation programs including digital transformation, building new platforms and implementing ways to accelerate program execution for expedited business value realization and quicker ROI. Her management philosophy is about encouraging everyone on the team to be independent thinkers. We are a truly diverse team that believes in the culture of teamwork, diversity, equity & inclusivity, supportive ownership, and a strong desire to change what's needed to achieve the mission. We are a values-led organization, leading with our EPIC2 values (execution, passion, integrity, customer, and community) and holding ourselves and each other accountable to those values and what they stand for.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.