About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The &ldquoData Management and Privacy Operations&rdquo team is part of a newly formed &lsquo1st line&rsquo centre of excellence under Group COO &ndash Trust, Data & Automation. The role will support the businesses and functions & 2nd line compliance, through the provision of effective service delivery model to drive operational excellence (including effective project and change management) in respect of data management, data privacy & records management capabilities. The role will work internally with Risk teams, business & functions partners, and country Compliance teams amongst other colleagues to maintain and improve upon the SC Group Data Breach management process.
SCB is searching for a strong privacy professional preferably with demonstrated experience handling data breaches and basic working knowledge of IT Security Risk Management principles.
This is a subject matter expert role in the data breach operations team, responsible for the effective handling of all suspected data breaches involving both personal and non-personal data.
The position reports directly to the Director, Data Incident ResponseKey Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage the Data Breach Response process across the Group
- Manage a team of Data Breach Managers in applying the Data Breach Response process
- Ensure every incident referred as a &lsquosuspected&rsquo or &lsquoactual&rsquo breach is triaged under the process upon referral in an expedient manner
- Monitor the resolution of all incidents within prescribed timeframes and prescribe corrective actions pursuant to incident containment and recovery.
- Assure the timely application of any escalation protocol that may need to be applied in respect of any Data Breach
- Report on incident trends both internal and external in order to identify potential issues (systemic or otherwise) requiring corrective actions
- Build and sustain partnership with security stakeholders to maintain a collaborative environment
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to the Data Breach Managers and other SC Group staff looking for such guidance or advice
- Provide support for the development of training material as it relates to user awareness on data privacy and banking secrecy
- Provide the organizational community guidance and technical assistance to manage notification requirements.
- Assist in the development of policy and guidance for the incident response team and technical support and system teams
- Participate as a subject matter expert in incident response meetings with key stakeholders and executive bank staff
- Responsible for responding to data breach events, coordinating breach response operations with the other participating operational teams, and advising businesses and functions on breach response best practices.
- Responsible for managing and tracking suspected and actual breaches from start to finish. They are also responsible for understanding and implementing breach response best practices
- Create operational plans and reports for business and functions in respect of Data Breach management
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with other teams at SCB to support the expansion of breach response program, consistent and unified communications with stakeholders, and an overall outstanding data breach response.
- Advise internal business partners on security best practices and breach mitigation strategies
- Actively participate within SCB Crisis Response Community Participate in seeking out other opportunities to build unified processes across all Incident Management/Crisis Response sub-domains
- Demonstrated experience in Data Breach Response, or Incident Response
- Must have knowledge and hands-on experience on breach notification and privacy laws around data breach scenarios.
- People leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience handling and investigating sensitive matters requiring investigation.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementation data breach processes and capability, or other investigation processes.
- Proven ability to build relationships with and understand the business needs of customers and deliver demonstrable value
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and partner organizations
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of incident response processes and management reporting
- Ability to manage a diverse team across various time zones
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to conduct root cause analysis
- Experience responding to the business and/or regulatory environment by proactively recommending changes to policies and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple projects and reprioritize at a moment&rsquos notice
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management with the ability to build strong relationships in order to leverage resources outside of direct control to achieve goals
- Foster an agile, high-performance, collaborative culture which is creative, open, supportive and dynamic with high levels of continuous improvement mind-set. Operational Excellence & Quality
- Ability to establishing and maintaining strong relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.