About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
This position is for a Senior Manager with an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline requires extensive experience in areas of statistics, applied mathematics, SAS programming language applied in the area of IRB, IFRS9 Model Development and Risk scorecards for retail banking / small business lending businesses. The individual will use these skills in the development of IRB / IFRS9 Models, Credit Risk Scorecard and other risk analytics in retail banking / small business lending portfolios with the support of a dedicated team of Team Leads and Analysts / Senior Analysts. Responsibilities include understanding Standard Chartered Group requirements and working with the individual&rsquos team in developing statistically derived predictive models, performing decision tree based customer segmentation & profiling analyses, assisting business implementation of sophisticated risk models and providing analytic support to Standard Chartered Businesses across the globe. The individual is expected to deliver as a team timely while ensuring compliance to prevailing / applicable standards / legislation / policies. The individual will also be expected to represent the team for review / approval committees.Qualifications:
People and Talent:
- Bachelors / Advanced (Masters or higher) Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Excellent understanding of retail banking / small business / consumer finance products and business lifecycles (e.g. sales, underwriting, portfolio management, marketing, collections...)
- Significant experience in a similar role at least 10 year of total experience in a retail banking / small business lending analytical function, of which 5-8 in-depth years experience in hands-on quantitative analysis & statistical modeling.
- 3+ years&rsquo experience in managing a relevant team is good to have
- Very good statistical programming skills in SAS (preferred) or similar, analytical skills and understanding of quantitative and statistical analysis
- Hands-on experience in statistical modeling, mining data and understanding data patterns is an absolute necessary to support / mentor the individual&rsquos team
- Demonstrated proficiency in Retail Risk Model Development is a must
- Experience in directly interacting with Business and exposure to International markets will be a plus
- Lead through example and build the team culture and values in line with the Bank. Set clear expectations from the teams and work in collaboration with all relevant partners.
- Employ, engage and retain high calibre professionals.
- Set and monitor job objectives for team members and provide feedback, develop and reward in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Should be open to getting involved in on-the-ground and data activities
- Analytical / Strategic / Conceptual thinking
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Verbal/Written communication
- Presentation skills
- Highly motivated, organized and methodical
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.