Job Description :
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.Responsibilities:
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 9-12 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.CitiRad2
Job DescriptionOverview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.Job Purpose:
We are looking to bring in a Java/Spark Big Data Developer in the Enterprise Data Services team under Enterprise Operations and Technology, to help the implementation of next generation Data Platform using cutting edge Data Management Technologies. The Candidate is required to possess relevant design and development experience in the Big Data Eco-System and should be a strong team player. Exposure to Finance OR Risk Functions on the Retail Banking products or Wholesale/Investment banking is preferred. This is a significant opportunity for an experienced developer with experience in modern data platforms to move into a role working with a variety of development teams, including close collaboration with an on-site Data Governance team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have proven experience in development of solutions/platforms for Financial markets environment. It is expected that you will have superior technical knowledge of current programming languages, technologies and other leading edge development toolsWhat we offer :
• Be a part of development team to develop, enhance, support and maintain solutions for GFTS Data Services applications.
• Participate in technical discussions/brainstorming sessions and define ideas and strategies for existing and future platforms
• Gain exposure to Wholesale, Retail business across data, risk and finance
• Work across diverse set of data platforms and have an opportunity to be part of re-architecture and re-platforming initiatives on modern Big Data technologies
GFTS Data Services platform is a global Data Repository of Contracts, Position and Balances for all of Citi’s assets and liability. This data repository is build on Enterprise Data Standards and anchored to the financials, for the use of Finance and Risk; regulatory and management reporting. The team is working on an exciting modernization and simplification program, aligned with latest technologies. GFTS Data Services is building a sophisticated next generation Data solution. The Pune team is the global center for the creation of API-based, Event Driven platform using cutting edge technologies and techniques.
The volume and variety of data involved in these Finance and Risk Functions results in one of most challenging and appropriate use cases for big data technologies.
The specific team you will be joining is responsible for developing and maintaining solutions related to Data Quality platform for GFTS Data Services. This team will be focusing on rule base validation engine, ETL layer build out and rule repository, with provisioning of API based on-demand platform.Responsibilities:
* Lead team members and manage modules
* participate in the design and requirement gathering
• Develop java based high throughput data intensive applications to serve function of data integration, data consumption and data generation
• Develop robust Data Quality core framework for measurement
• Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
• Requirement analysis including interaction with Business Users
• Help build continuous integration environment
• Perform Unit Testing, System Testing for all applications developed / enhancements and ensure that all critical and high-severity bugs are addressed.
• Engage in end to end system design and development processes
• As and when required, work on BAU development requests
• Ensure that application development and enhancement is in line with Citi’s Coding Standards.
• Partners with multiple Technology teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals; identifies and defines necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process enhancements.
• Solves / works a variety of high impact, high-profile problems / projects with considerable business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes and industry standards.
• Provides expertise in area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of applications programming.
• Develops standards for coding, testing, debugging and implementation.
• Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery.
• Responsible for applications systems analysis and programming activities.Qualifications:
• Strong Core Java / Scala working experience
• Strong Experience in Big data technologies like Apache Spark, HDFS, Hive, Hbase
• Working experience with Any Hadoop Distribution - Cloudera/Hortonworks
• Comfortable working with large data volumes and be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of logical data structures and analysis techniques
• Experienced with Linux/Unix platform
• Experience in RDMS and No SQL databases
• Experience in Service oriented architecture, and data standards like JSON, Avro, Parquet
• Experience using ALM and CICD tools like Bitbucket, TFS, Jenkins, uDeploy, BMC RLM or related tools in an agile methodology.
• Experience in SCMs like GIT; and tools like JIRA
• Experienced with automated build and test processes
• Able to demonstrate an expertise in identifying and resolving data quality issues – in data sets at rest and in flight
• Familiar with the financial services industry and/or regulatory environments
• Capable of assisting with the design of solutions and mentoring other developers within the same team
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Ability to work as part of team and independently
• Interpersonal skills to interact with team members and clients
• Prior experience working with remote teams
• Candidate should be willing to work extended hours in order to interact with global partners/teams or as per project demand.Good to have:
• Kafka or other equivalent messaging services
• Exposure on Public Cloud - GCP/AWS/AzureEducational Qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
• Master’s degree preferredCitiRad2
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ('Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the '' poster. View the .
View the .