Experience – 4+ years
Distribution – Preferred MapR (Certified Admin)
Location : Mumbai
• The typical responsibilities of a Hadoop admin include –
• deploying a hadoop cluster, maintaining a hadoop cluster, adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools like Ganglia Nagios or Splunk, configuring high availability and keeping a track of all the running hadoop jobs.
• Implementing, managing and administering the overall hadoop infrastructure.
• Takes care of the day-to-day running of Hadoop clusters
• A hadoop administrator will have to work closely with the database team, network team, BI team and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected.
• working with open source Apache Distribution hadoop admins have to manually setup all the configurations- Core-Site, HDFS-Site, YARN-Site and Map Red-Site.
• Hadoop admin is responsible for capacity planning and estimating the requirements for lowering or increasing the capacity of the hadoop cluster.
• Hadoop admin is also responsible for deciding the of the hadoop cluster based on the data to be stored in HDFS.
• Ensure that the hadoop cluster is up and running all the time.
• Monitoring the cluster connectivity and performance.
• Manage and review Hadoop log files.
• Backup and recovery tasks
• Resource and security management
• Troubleshooting application errors and ensuring that they do not occur again.
Simple body text this will replace with orginal content