Looking to create a splash in the Fintech industry... Head straight to Sopra Banking Software India where we work with financial experts like you to build the Future of Finance. You get to work with bright minds across the world with different lifestyles, backgrounds and cultures. Besides inclusivity, you get to witness a working environment that thrives on entrepreneurship, curiosity, and innovation. Not to forget the ample opportunities being provided to you to ensure your overall learning and progressive career growth. Last but not the least, competitive salaries with various other group mediclaim and insurance benefits, to keep you happy and motivated.
Sopra Banking Software is one of the fastest growing global Fintech companies, featured in IDC Fintech Top 100 Rankings! We build the technology that powers the world's best financial institutions, enabling millions of people to access better financial services. Please visit our website www.soprabanking.com for more information.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive culture where all our people can be themselves and succeed on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
There are four principal elements of the role:
1. Analysis and Planning - Identifying manual functional test conditions and creation of test plans and scripts.
2. Test Execution - Execution of manual functional and regression test scripts and capturing evidence.
3. Defect lifecycle - accurately record, review and retest defects found in the system under test.
4. Providing the automation department with regression test scripts to add to the automated regression suite.
The main duties are:
• Adhere to standards and best practices throughout the testing phases of the software development lifecycle and any testing stages of any development project.
• To create test scripts in line with the testing procedures and standards.
• To document suitable test data that is representative of customer business practices.
• To create, upgrade and maintain the regression scripts in line with changes to the software.
• To provide feedback on the day-to-day processes used within the software development lifecycle and to recommended improvements to these processes where they are deemed to be ineffective.
• Agree all estimates and time schedules for the work allocated, with the Test Lead and communicate progress and changes in a timely manner.
• To effectively escalate important issues affecting the testing process by reporting exceptions to the Test Lead.
• The Test Analyst will be measured against their ability to accurately Analyse and test design documents and record the nature of any fault/issue ensuring that a robust solution is delivered to our customers.
• To contribute to an ongoing improvement through the testing standards, the overall development methodology or any other processes.
As the Test Analyst it is important you are able to liaise with customers and listen to the customers needs. The ideal candidate will have:
• 2 or more years experience as a tester.
• Understanding of software development lifecycle
• Experience in identifying test conditions and scenarios from design documents and writing scripts to test the scenarios
• Financial products test experience
• SQL query/Technical testing background desirable
• Knowledge and/or experience of the Banking domain
• Knowledge and/or experience of the Agile/Iterative development methodologies
• Knowledge and experience of applying risk based testing
• Experience of using HP ALM is desirable
• Positive attitude to trying out different things and different types of testing
• Problem solving ability
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Progress reporting
Experience of API testing
• Ability to manage own workload
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Flexibility in working hours
• JIRA experience desirable