Deutsche Bank is looking to expand its internal Technology capability in Pune to provide best in class technology solutions for the Banking industry.
You will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team, including analysts, developers and testers. You will bring an innovative approach to software development, focusing on using the latest technologies and practices, as part of a relentless focus on business value.
You will be someone who sees engineering as team activity, with a predisposition to open code, open discussion and creating a supportive, collaborative environment. You will be ready to take a leading role in all stages of software delivery, from initial analysis right through to production support.
We will ask a lot of you, but we will offer a lot in return. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that provides continuous growth and learning, with an emphasis excellence and mutual respect.
This will require the Technology Lead to help execute the following transformations with our global teams:
Technology Transformation Our move to our target technology stack & architectural blueprint i.e. Hadoop, spark, Scala, R, java, AI, ML, micro services, Kubernetes, Openshift, Oracle, HTML5 One copy of the truth, automated workflow, reduce h/w, decommission systems and build out the strategic platform around the tech stack listed above Operating Model Transformation SAFE Agile, DevOps, automated testing, cycle times approaching 1 day! Drive Agile collaboration with the Business and the broader Risk Technology team globally Workforce Transformation Build Capability around the tech stack, operating model, and risk transformation with employees while reducing vendor sprawl and footprintWhat we'll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you'll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under child care assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Flexible working arrangementsbnt certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
- Lead the feature team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyse and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production
- Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing.
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right.
- Be ready to work on a range of technologies and components, including user interfaces, services and databases. Act as a generalizing specialist.
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on and contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level.
- Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it's needed
- Help your team to build, test and release software within short lead times and with minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
As a Vice President, your role will include management and leadership responsibilities, such as:
- Leading and collaborating across teams
- Team management
- Mentoring and teaching
- Discovering new techniques and helping others to adopt them
- Leading by example
You will need:
- Proficiency in Java, Scala and/or Python with good understanding of both object oriented and functional programming concepts.
- Experience of the Hadoop ecosystem (preferably the cloudera distribution) and the technologies that comprise it.
- Experience in building distributed systems using Apache Spark, Apache Kafka & stream processing.
- Practical experience of using test driven development and constant refactoring in a continuous integration environment.
- Knowledge of SQL on Hadoop engines such as Hive, Impala, Spark SQL.
- Knowledge of NoSQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of caching technologies - ehcache, hazelcast, coherence etc
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Experience of performing Functional Analysis is highly desirable
- Experience of Automated Testing is highly desirable
- Some form of Agile certification would be highly desirable
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Behaviour Driven Development, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner to ensure the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
- Experience with a range of technologies that store, transport and manipulate data, for example: relational databases, nosql, document databases, graph databases, streaming and messaging
- Architecture and design approaches that support rapid, incremental and interactive delivery, such as Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing and microservices
We are looking for great Techologists first. Useful but not essential would be knowledge gained in Financial Services environments, for example products, instruments, trade lifecycles, regulation, risk, financial reporting or accounting,Education:-
How we'll support you
- Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Engineering or Computer Science
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Please visit our company website for further information:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.