Are you a self-starter Do you think different At Microchip Technology, our values system empowers our employees to develop and thrive in a supportive, collaborative, professional, global, and rewarding working environment. We embrace change and continuous improvement, driving both to the mutual benefit of our clients and ourselves. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
As an Embedded Solutions Engineer, you will engage with clients to create technical solutions while identifying and building new business using your engineering expertise. You will be expected to reframe their thinking and build consensus for Microchip s solutions, co-creating value by delivering the freedom to innovate.
- Be an authority in embedded software tools, solutions, techniques (embedded software integration), and Microchip products.
- Advise on implementation of innovative ideas and solutions for assigned clients.
- Provide hardware, firmware, middleware and development tool support for assigned clients.
- Continuously and proactively develop technical skills in embedded software integration including tools, libraries, frameworks, RTOS and other technologies.
- Utilize engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve end product performance.
- Utilize Microchip s Client Engagement Process to drive design wins to revenue at assigned clients.
- Use insight and influencing skills to offer clients unique perspectives on technology that link to Microchip solutions.
- Identify the key client stakeholders and coach those stakeholders to build consensus for Microchip solutions within their organization.
- Contribute and participate within a global team environment to successfully develop and implement strategies for assigned clients across all global locations.
- Communicate effectively with Microchip product divisions providing quantifiable feedback to measure ROI in assigned client investments (solutions and products).
Job RequirementsEngineering Skill Set Required
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong proficiency in C required. Nice to have experience in assembly, C++, JAVA, Windows/Linux Programming, and libraries or frameworks.
- Ability to deconstruct a product into a system level block diagram.
- Experience with writing code for constrained environments. Embedded development experience required.
- Understand and have the ability to implement applications that contain one or many of the following communication protocols: TCP/IP (wired and wireless), USB (Host/Device/Drivers), CAN, LIN, I2C, SPI, UART.
- Experience in electronic design demonstrate creative design, capability, architectural organization of hardware, firmware and software to meet system specifications.
- Skills in schematic/simulation/layout via CAD tools, test and debug are preferred.
- Bachelor s degree in an engineering discipline (e. g. BSEE, BSCE) with a strong academic track record.
- Relevant work experience (+7 years).
- Preferable two years of experience in semiconductor application/sales.
- Technical Skills (see Engineering Skill Set Required).
- Strategic/Critical Thinking Systematically solves problems and hypothes possible client pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex client challenges.
- Communication Tailors communication to the client s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal Influence Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to clients to drive conversations to elements of value for both parties.
- Networking Identifies the right client stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for design wins; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for success.
- Ownership Goes out of his or her way to complete a task and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative.
- Workflow/Project Management Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
- Ability to manage multiple customer engagements simultaneously.
- Microchip s non-commissioned total compensation and benefits package includes a competitive base salary, bonus aligned with company goals, employee stock purchase program, health insurance coverage, etc.
- Opportunity to manage technical projects at accounts on an entrepreneurial and collaborative basis.