A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day. What You Will Do :
This position has direct bearing on the success of the Harman overall, with high impact on almost every BU in both the HCS and Connected Car Divisions as the industry trend moves in the direction of Connected Services and software. The products portfolio has significant potential to generate high profitability for Harman through repeat sales at low incremental cost. With a technologically superior product, Harman is likely to get more customers and hence greater revenues and profitability. So, this position is the technology pillar that provides a strong foundation and serves as a catalyst for business growth. Following are the key job responsibilities of this role:
What You Need :
- · Track the direction of the global auto industry and key focus areas of our customers in the next 5 years
- · Track global technology trends and watch for introduction and adoption of new technologies region by region across the global marketplace.
- · Based on these global market inputs, champion and own technology roadmap of the business in terms of evolution of existing product portfolio and introduction of new product lines
- · Make the right technology choices for the product portfolio after defining and executing to an evaluation strategy
- · Demonstrate Harman’s technical depth by providing solution consultancy to prospective customers for addressing their requirements. This could be in terms of architectural solutions, technology choices, integration approaches or test strategies. This helps establish confidence on Harman products in the eyes of the customer and hence a critical function of this role.
- · Propose cost-effective solutions for customers such that upfront and operational costs are low.
- · Specify architectural evolution of each product in the portfolio and support the team in implementing it. Additionally, help provide solutions to issues reported from field and complex requirements from customers by proposing the right architectural solutions.
- · Ensure that the product meets the non-functional requirements such as scalability, reliability, security and performance that are key to the success of Harman cloud solutions.
- · Serve as a mentor to Architects across the Division and guide the absorption & implementation of new technologies identified for the soluton through trainings, documentation or co-development.
- · Establish Product Development Processes and monitoring adherence to Processes
- · Serve as the Patent Champion for Automotive Services. Proactively contribute valuable IP
- · Write white papers and present at conferences.
- · Serve as the Automotive Services team’s Technical Ladder Champion. Coordinate with other such champions across Harman to elevate Harman’s technical ladder bench strength.
- Serve as an industry technical expert in customer meetings and creates value for customers by having a deep understand of their problems/needs and identifying technical solutions
Basic Qualifications: List the minimum and desired education (including degrees, licenses, certification or registrations) and experience needed to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering in the field of Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 18 years of total experience in cloud technologies & JAVA based application development out of which a minimum of 8 years in the role of an architect
- 10+ years of experience in Statiscial modeling, Knowledge discovery, Data Mining, Machine Learning in large scale data
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing solutions for the IoT or Automotive domain
Preferred Qualifications: Please list the preferred qualifications needed for this position based on the following:
• A certification in Enterprise architecture such as TOGAF is preferred
- A certification in Cloud technologies such as some form of AWS architect certification is preferred
- 16+ years of relevant hands-on experience with a minimum 10+ years experience developing Big data / Hadoop applications
- Multiple patents filed in the candidate’s name is a big plus
· Deep understanding of the automotive telematics and infotainment space including platforms and onboard and offboard applications
· Deep expertise in IoT platforms and associated core functions such as User Management, Device management, asset management, subscription management, real time data streaming platforms and associated frameworks/components such as Kafka, Zookeeper, ETCD.
· Advanced expertise in Core JAVA development, J2EE frameworks and frameworks used for development of microservices such as Spring, Springboot, Hibernate etc
· Deep expertise in different types of databases such as Caches, Relational databases like Oracle, PostGres, MS SQL and NoSQL databases like Mongo, Cassandra, columnar databases like Redshift and unstructured cold stores like AWS-S3. A thorough understanding of which database to use when and design of database schemas, indexes and sharding for scalable databases.
· Deep expertise in Big Data analytics and hands-on knowledge of frameworks such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, H2O, Google TensorFlow
· Good understanding of AI/ML tools and frameworks used by Data scientists for development of models for big data analytics. Expertise in development and integration of frameworks that could be used by data scientists for development and deployment of analytics models.
· Thorough knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services provided by cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Alibaba
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()